Voice Control

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there a voice control on this phone so I can get it to send text messages.emails and make calls all using my voice?

Posted via Android Central App

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be trolling, right? =)

The highlight of this phone is the Jelly Bean OS. And one of the most compelling features of Jelly Bean is Google Now and its voice actions.

Short answer to your question: Yes

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
No I'm not trolling but I found that voice search works I just have to use the right words. I disabled google now and most of the google apps because they seem to want access to everything on my phone which made me feel uncomfortable like an invasion of privacy. I do love my phone though can you tell me about Google now maybe I should turn it back on . Is the voice commands in Google now better than Google search?

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Access to my camera on my phone like what is that? I really don't like that idea just seems kinda weird. Are they taking pictures of me while I use my phone or what? Freaks me out kind of creepy

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Actually I don't see Google now on my phone I checked all my disabled apps as well? Guess you have to download it??

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Check out these links:
Everything You Didn't Know You Could Do with Google's Voice Commands
Inside Search ? Google

On Jelly Bean, Google Now and Google Search are one and the same app. When you said you disabled Google Now, presumably that meant you disabled the cards. If you tap the microphone you should still be able to use the new voice commands.

Previously, you had to use very precise syntax to make commands but now you can speak naturally to it and it?ll get it more often than not.

I?m aware that there are folks like you who don?t trust Google Apps due to privacy concerns. I don?t get it, but I?m not one to judge.
Anyway, if you are indeed concerned about the privacy issue, you probably shouldn?t use the voice commands. What happens is your commands are sent to Google?s servers to interpret the meaning. You probably don?t want that happening.

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks!! I don't mind that kind of info being used it's mostly about the camera, video and contacts that rubs me the wrong way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol