Google Wallet - United Kingdom

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Keen to take advantage of the Google Wallet option so I can make small transactions in store using NFC on my phone, however I'm in the UK and I'm not sure if this is possible or not yet.

If I go to Google Wallet, click on Devices and then Get Started I just get returned to the page that lists all my transactions from the Play Store. Also when I go to FAQ's and look at "In what countries is Google Wallet available?" It specifically states the United States and then it states "Google Wallet is available to purchase on Google Play in over 125 countries" however I can't find it!!

I can't find any information anywhere that gives an answer to if it is available in the UK and if not when.

Just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas or info.

Thanks

Andy.

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually found out why:

Managed to locate the app on the Play store but it says I am unable to install. Wonder when it's going to be available in the UK?

This app is incompatible with your Nexus 4.

This item cannot be installed in your device's country.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just sideload the apk and use it...aka simply download and install it not via the play store.

Lastest version on XDA link below. If it doesn't work for whatever reason just google r1.6-R96-v16 apk. ***You will need to enable "unknown sources" in settings<security<to download/install it****I would also suggest the Mastercard/Paypass locator app from the play store to find proper GW terminals at stores near you. Enjoy!

[APP] Google Wallet 1.6-R96-v16 | Galaxy Nexus > XDA

Meh...just realized you'll likely be unable to actually link a debit or credit card even sideloading the apk. A quick search shows some have found workarounds using things like Europay and a bogus US postal address. YMMV.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i don't think the NFC payment will work in UK. when they said Google wallet is supported in so and so country they meant the web version, not the phone/NFC version.

NFC payment via Google wallet is supported only in US.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante