Can anyone display more than 1000 images in their Auto Backup photo folder?

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems the Auto Backup photo folder can only display about a 1000 thumbnail/images. Is this true for everyone?

How did you resolve this limitation? Tediously moving older images to separate folders?

(This problem didn't exist back when they sliced Instant Upload photos into albums of about 150 photos each.)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1000 images?? remind me after 3-4 years by then I might have 1000 images on my auto backup.

I cant verify this but this is more of a gallery app issue not an issue with Autobackup/Google+/Android etc.

Seems like the gallery app can only show 1000 images thumbnail in a folder

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
1000 images?? remind me after 3-4 years by then I might have 1000 images on my auto backup.

I've been using Instant Upload on android devices for well over a year, I forget when it was first available. 1000 images in that time isn't that many at all.

(edit: In searching through my images via desktop version of Google+ I find photos from 2010. So it makes sense that I'd have 3000+ images in there.)

I cant verify this but this is more of a gallery app issue not an issue with Autobackup/Google+/Android etc.

Yes, I suppose technically it's a Gallery issue, but it's related to autobackup too. At one point Autobackup created a new album ever 150 images or so. This worked fine and dandy instead google decided to combine them all into one backup folder. I am unable now to quickly use the older images while on the go. It's almost making me regret being an android user.

Last edited:

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I know Google offers no real customer service or support, but is there *anyone* there I can contact about this issue?

I was hope to group older photos into separate albums, but if I bring up all, say, 2010 photos (by doing a search on 2010) then I can't move them to an album. Search results apparently can't be moved to an album.

I just want a way to view my older photos in my phone.

If there's a better forum or method to get this resolved, please help. Thanks!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that it is a bug or glitch. I believe it is just a limitation. I have noticed the same thing with Google image search results. 1000 seems to be the magic number. I get around it by just grouping my photos in folders.

Sent from my Nexus 7

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
1000 seems to be the magic number. I get around it by just grouping my photos in folders.

Yes, I'd love to easily group the photos into folders.

But there's no way to easily do this with the older photos. For example, if I want to put all photos from 2010 into a folder called "2010" I'd have to scroll down until all 3000+ images were shown and hope that nothing breaks during that whole process.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'd love to easily group the photos into folders.

But there's no way to easily do this with the older photos. For example, if I want to put all photos from 2010 into a folder called "2010" I'd have to scroll down until all 3000+ images were shown and hope that nothing breaks during that whole process.

I do this on the computer. Have you tried to do this?

Sent from my Nexus 7

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh I see what you mean.. Odd that it would display the square just no pictures.. When all else fails at least they are stored safely on Google plus (aka Picasa) which is accessible on the Google plus app or the web.

Posted via Android Central App

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So was there ever any fix or easy workaround for this problem?

Does an alt gallery app (like QuickPic) display the Instant Upload folder? And if so, does it properly display all of the thumbnails/photos?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan