Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SiBlackwell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 ordered!!!

I've been testing a Nexus 4 for work recently and utterly fell in love with stock Android. Today I sold my iPhone 4S and just ordered a 16gb Nexus on the Play Store.

Properly excited!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 ordered!!!

Congrats and welcome on-board. You are going to love it. This forum is a great place to learn and share your experience.

You will love the N4. Great phone.

I absolutely love my N4

Quote Originally Posted by SiBlackwell View Post
    I've been testing a Nexus 4 for work recently and utterly fell in love with stock Android. Today I sold my iPhone 4S and just ordered a 16gb Nexus on the Play Store.

Properly excited!!!!

Congratulations on buying a new phone. Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Awesome! Did you choose the quicker shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No, shipping with Google is a rip off as it is! Should be arriving Monday according to TNT. However the 2 cases and screen protectors I ordered off Amazon arrived today so I am ready to go!!!

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

That's great! Be sure to pop back into this thread and share your experience. Is a great phone at a great price and that's what keeps people buying this device. Hopefully Google and their partners continue to release these types of devices in the future.

Count me in, too. Decided to dump AT&T and give T-Mobile's new un-contract a whirl and figured I needed (ok, wanted) a new phone to go with it. I've had a Nexus 10 for 6 months and love it so much, the N4 seemed like a no brainer, especially at Google's price (and unlocked to boot). Hope I don't regret getting the 8GB, but then that's the beauty of cloud and OTG. Ordered it yesterday and it shipped in <24 hrs. (hear that, Amazon?). Should arrive tomorrow or Monday latest. Like the OP, really jazzed.

8 might not be enough. I got the 16 and it came with 12.92 gigs available. That's almost 3 gigs less just from the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7373 View Post
    Count me in, too. Decided to dump AT&T and give T-Mobile's new un-contract a whirl and figured I needed (ok, wanted) a new phone to go with it. I've had a Nexus 10 for 6 months and love it so much, the N4 seemed like a no brainer, especially at Google's price (and unlocked to boot). Hope I don't regret getting the 8GB, but then that's the beauty of cloud and OTG. Ordered it yesterday and it shipped in <24 hrs. (hear that, Amazon?). Should arrive tomorrow or Monday latest. Like the OP, really jazzed.
    You should have gotten the 16GB though. Anyway, enjoy your new phone!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7373 View Post
    but then that's the beauty of cloud and OTG.
    Be warned... OTG does not work out of the box on the n4. I believe it requires rooting plus an alternate kernel as well as a powered usb device.

Picked mine up 4 days ago in Bangkok and "this is forking awesome"... like the song goes. My first smartphone other than a 4S that I had for 6 weeks before dropping it into the ocean (I work 60 hours a week on the water) and at first, I didn't know what I was doing with the 16GB, super hot exotic and amazing N4, so I found this place, got sorted out, and of the 4 nights I've had the phone, I've only slept 2 of them! Seriously! Well I'm taking a little time off from work before starting a 6 week contract next week, so I have time and nothing really going on... Well, I have the coolest new toy to play around with so...

The N4 is so hot-- black liquid glass, fast as a fighter jet, smooth as "the unmentionables" of my first teenage girlfriend... Videos are like super lightening fast, emails come and go, it's only been 4 days, but I ordered a "waist-case" from Amazon - you know, it's a belt where you can strap the N4 in at night and sleep with it between your legs, about 5 inches below your belly button....

yes, I am in hot steamy lusty heat with my N4 and I bet you will be too! "This is forking a w e s o m e "...
    "I'm a gonna drop some cash... got a hot N4 in my pocket.... badda baddda daaadaa... badddaa badddaa daaadaaaa..."this is forking a w e s o m e ! ! !"

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDriver69 View Post
    Picked mine up 4 days ago in Bangkok and "this is forking awesome"... like the song goes. My first smartphone other than a 4S that I had for 6 weeks before dropping it into the ocean (I work 60 hours a week on the water) and at first, I didn't know what I was doing with the 16GB, super hot exotic and amazing N4, so I found this place, got sorted out, and of the 4 nights I've had the phone, I've only slept 2 of them! Seriously! Well I'm taking a little time off from work before starting a 6 week contract next week, so I have time and nothing really going on... Well, I have the coolest new toy to play around with so...

The N4 is so hot-- black liquid glass, fast as a fighter jet, smooth as "the unmentionables" of my first teenage girlfriend... Videos are like super lightening fast, emails come and go, it's only been 4 days, but I ordered a "waist-case" from Amazon - you know, it's a belt where you can strap the N4 in at night and sleep with it between your legs, about 5 inches below your belly button....

yes, I am in hot steamy lusty heat with my N4 and I bet you will be too! "This is forking a w e s o m e "...
    "I'm a gonna drop some cash... got a hot N4 in my pocket.... badda baddda daaadaa... badddaa badddaa daaadaaaa..."this is forking a w e s o m e ! ! !"
    Haha! Glad you enjoyed your new phone.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by pontiac005 View Post
    8 might not be enough. I got the 16 and it came with 12.92 gigs available. That's almost 3 gigs less just from the OS.

You may be right. I ended up with 6GB available. If I were to do it over, I'd probably get the 16, but I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging. I didn't do my homework enough, though, as OTG (which factored into my decision) isn't supported (although there's a workaround). I was also basing it on how little storage I used with my old 8GB iPhone, but then I wasn't installing custom ROMs and creating Nandroids.

Bottom line, I really do love this phone. I just wish T-Mobile had better coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by tastycaramel View Post
    You should have gotten the 16GB though. Anyway, enjoy your new phone!

No doubt. It's just I kinda regret spending the extra $100 getting the 32GB Nexus 10 instead of the 16GB , so didn't want to make the same mistake twice, lol. So much for well-laid plans... .

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    Be warned... OTG does not work out of the box on the n4. I believe it requires rooting plus an alternate kernel as well as a powered usb device.
    Yeah, so I found out. Ah well... If I'd known (didn't even occur to me it wouldn't), I would've sprung for the 16. I did find that workaround, so at least there's that.

Refreshing seeing these threads so many months later; good to know people still get excited about Google's baby!

Welcome to the club!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

A week in and I'm loving it. All my colleagues with S4's are gutted, they cannot believe how clean and fast this thing is.

Tonights mission, learning about NFC with the NFC stickers I ordered online!!!

A week in and I'm loving it. All my colleagues with S4's are gutted, they cannot believe how clean and fast this thing is.

Tonights mission, learning about NFC with the NFC stickers I ordered online!!!

Enjoy your new phone!

I have had my N4 for about 2 months and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    I have had my N4 for about 2 months and love it.
    Haha enjoy

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Properly excited!!!!

Nice, I also came from a iPhone 4S and had my Nexus for about 4 months. It has been a great experience coming back to the Android platform!
    All Google.

I ordered 3 yesterday. Sort of annoying, though the Google Play Store has a limit of two per person, per day. As a result, had to pay 2X shipping to get 3 phones. Anxiously awaiting them to arrive!