Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    original source from Daum (in Korean):
    LG

    LG may already be testing Nexus 5 prototype after all. Sold 3 million Nexus 4s to date » Unwired View

    According to popular Korean site Daum.net, which does get quite a few Korean gadgets right, LG’s Mobile Communications division has already produced a prototype Nexus 5 device. The next generation Nexus has been in testing inside LG for the past month, under very strict security conditions, and has already been shown to Google’s CEO Larry Page.

    .
    .
    .
    Daum also mentioned that according to the sources inside LG, 3 million Nexus 4s have been sold to date.
    Thanked by 3:
    Scott7217 likes this.
  2. #2  
    agp101's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    3 million? I thought the number was much higher. At 3 million, more bb10 devices were sold in one quarter than the Nexus 4?

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    That's shipped to dealers etc, for BB, that doesn't mean they were purchased by customers yet.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    That's shipped to dealers etc, for BB, that doesn't mean they were purchased by customers yet.
    If they were to count the ones sold to customers, the figures would be lower.

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by tastycaramel View Post
    If they were to count the ones sold to customers, the figures would be lower.

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    dont forget about the high return rate for BB
  6. #6  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by agp101 View Post
    3 million? I thought the number was much higher. At 3 million, more bb10 devices were sold in one quarter than the Nexus 4?

    Posted via Android Central App
    you are in the wrong forum. this is not crackberry.. also considering most of N4 is sold without contract this is a lot of N4 sold.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,034 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Lets not start the android v blackberry war, please. Also, lets remember to stay polite. No one is in the "wrong forum." Thanks
    Thanked by 6:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    dont forget about the high return rate for BB
    Do you mean returning the phone (like refund)?

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    I think he means profit margins

    Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «
  10. #10  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by tastycaramel View Post
    Do you mean returning the phone (like refund)?

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I think he means profit margins

    Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    BlackBerry Z10 Returns ‘Exceed Sales’ - Digits - WSJ
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    That's strange. Other sources say that it is selling well.

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    in the USA the main sellers of Nexus 4 are Google play store and T-Mobile.

    3 millions for a device that got no marketing is pretty good, especially since it was sold out from early December to early February.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by BookReader2 View Post
    in the USA the main sellers of Nexus 4 are Google play store and T-Mobile.

    3 millions for a device that got no marketing is pretty good, especially since it was sold out from early December to early February.
    Do you think Google and T-Mobile advertise the Nexus 4 enough to the mainstream public, or do you think they should do more to promote it?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Only three million?!

    That means the Galaxy S4 is like, over thirteen times better than the Nexus 4... Shoot. /sarcasm

    Yay sales figures.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    I never paid attention to LG/nexus 4 until I picked it up last week.

    It's an amazing phone, unlocked and cheap, I figured they sold over 10 Million already. I'm surprised.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Decent numbers given the high percentage that are outright sales and not on contract.

    My issue is and always has been the piecemeal approach to official accessories by Google. It appears they thought this phone might not sell more than a few hundred handsets going by the availability of said accessories.
    I'm in the UK, where's my wireless charging orb? Google, do you want to sell stuff and make money or not?

    LG Nexus 4 Wireless Charging Orb

    Stock is still one month away. By the time that arrives the Nexus 5 will be out!

    Google UK's own store...

    https://play.google.com/store/device...Y0OTEzNTAxNSJd

    This phone was released November 2012. It's now July 2013. 8. Long. Months. Later.

    Someone in Google needs their bum kicked.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Moto X might replace the Nexus 4 if Google price the X at $299/$349....unlocked, unsubsidized

    Which have sold more?

    NEXUS 4 or HTC ONE?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by BookReader2 View Post
    Moto X might replace the Nexus 4 if Google price the X at $299/$349....unlocked, unsubsidized

    Which have sold more?

    NEXUS 4 or HTC ONE?
    not going to happen. Nexus devices will still be there.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    not going to happen. Nexus devices will still be there.
    Moto X may be the cousin of nexus devices, ha

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  20. #20  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by tastycaramel View Post
    Moto X may be the cousin of nexus devices, ha

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    yup something like that! MotoX is Motorola device and Nexus is Google device(made by whatever OEM)
  21. #21  
    hodan's Avatar

    Posts
    621 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    3 million! I'll bet they were hoping for 1 million. That number is HUGE for a phone NOT SOLD by AT&T or Verizon. Seriously, that's a great number.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    3 million! I'll bet they were hoping for 1 million. That number is HUGE ..
    According to Wikipedia, Samsung sold 50 million S3's in 12 months then 4 million S4 in only it's first 4 weeks. So the S4 is selling at 1.7 times the rate of the S3. That extrapolates to 85 million phones for 12 months.

    So that 3 million N4 number is meagre. It could have been a lot more if Google/LG had not completely stuffed supply in the first 3 months.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    3 million?!

    Amazing! That's like well over HALF what the iPhone 5 sold in it's first week!

    No wonder I've hardly ever seen anyone else with one

    How on earth did the best smartphone bargain EVER sell so poorly? I mean, the N4 is pretty much on a par with the S3 but around half the price enyet the S3 sold, what, 50 million units and the N4 has sold 3?! People clearly have WAY more money than sense
  24. #24  
    Rule9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    807 Posts
    Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    What a sad little Tuna
  25. #25  

    Default Re: 3 MILLION Nexus 4 have been sold

    Quote Originally Posted by SiempreTuna View Post
    3 million?!

    Amazing! That's like well over HALF what the iPhone 5 sold in it's first week!

    No wonder I've hardly ever seen anyone else with one

    How on earth did the best smartphone bargain EVER sell so poorly? I mean, the N4 is pretty much on a par with the S3 but around half the price enyet the S3 sold, what, 50 million units and the N4 has sold 3?! People clearly have WAY more money than sense
    Most people pretty much bought S3 when it launched last year.

    Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you have urban grey or aqua blue?
    By shahulvm in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 03:15 PM
  2. White LG Nexus 4 requires hard push with Stylus pen
    By Mike_47 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 11:58 PM
  3. Google Nexus 4 volume help
    By Murali Krishna Gummadi in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 03:02 AM
  4. Why did Samsung make nexus 10
    By DS1331 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 09:33 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions