Phone number lookup on dialpad doesn't work on N4?

ma3loom

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I just swapped my work N4 for my rooted S3 (The 4 seems a lot faster even with my custom rom) but I noticed this morning when trying to type a colleagues name into my dialpad that my N4 wasn't giving me any hits. Didn't matter the name it wouldn't spit anything back. Am I crazy or don't all androids do that?

Thoughts? Assistance?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Only way is to hit the search key to the left of the phone key, doing a search thru the integrated contacts list.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ma3loom

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had to dig deep through the internet to find the same answer. I for some reason thought that was "stock" across android since I was a samsung user till now. debating if i want to use a third party system

ma3loom

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Curious have you noticed any problems with the vibrate function with text messages? it doesn't seem to consistently vibrate every time I get a text.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The vibration is so weak on the N4 that even when it does vibrate, most of the time I don't even feel it. I have noticed that occasionally, I do not get an audible alert for a text message, so apparently there is some kind of notification bug with the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2