Transfering data from one Nexus 4 to another

deiviuxs

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My current Nexus 4 has a defective headphone jack so I am getting a new RMA Nexus 4.

I have 100+ apps and photos/videos on my current Nexus 4. Is there a simple and efficient way to transfer all the data from my old Nexus to the new one? What would be your suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

CanyouHear MeNow

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Use your Google drive or sign up for a free dropbox account and transfer your pictures an data there as a backup which can then be easily transferred to your new phone. Apps will need to be reinstalled which is easy through your Play Store or other app account.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
My current Nexus 4 has a defective headphone jack so I am getting a new RMA Nexus 4.

I have 100+ apps and photos/videos on my current Nexus 4. Is there a simple and efficient way to transfer all the data from my old Nexus to the new one? What would be your suggestions?

You should look into doing a Nandroid back up. You should be able to restore that onto the replacement device without any problems.

If you're rooted, you can use titanium back up to take everything from one phone to the other. You can post things up to dropbox/google drive/ or your computer. You'll still need to copy over your photos and video separately.

nb

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en&token=gClclN7n
would probably be your best bet if you don't wanna go the route of unlocking/rooting and doing a TiBu or nandroid.

That dev is one of the top devs in the android space and while i haven't used that app, it's supposed to be really good
it's got a companion desktop app that uses ADB to basically back up the device locally on your computer.

might be worth looking at

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz