Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By N4Newbie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    I've been having this problem for a few days now. Whenever I try to make a call, it gives me the message, "Mobile Network Not Available." I am able to connect to Wi-Fi without a problem but I cannot make or receive phone calls or text messages - only "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" I thought it was because I had weak signal at home so I traveled somewhere else but still, with little success.

    I've tried everything I can think of. I have:
    - Factory reset it (many many times)
    - Removed the SIM card and put-it-back-in trick
    - Put my SIM card onto another phone and had no mobile network problems on that phone
    - Airplane Mode On>Turn off phone> Turn back on phone> Turn off Airplane mode
    - Create a new APN under T-mobile settings
    - Turned the Radio off and back on again
    - Went to Settings>More>Mobile networks>Network operators>T-Mobile and it gives me "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network." and sometimes, "Cannot connect to this network, please try again later"
    - Turned on "Use only 2G Networks"
    - Turned on "Data Enabled"
    - Turned on and off "Data Roaming"
    - In the Setting>About Phone>Status, it says,
    "Network: Unknown"
    "Mobile Network Type: UNKNOWN:0"
    "Mobile Network State: Disconnected"


    I have tried all of this and I am still unable to make or receive calls and text messages. Anyone, please help me !!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Is this a cut down Sim? The N4 HATES those.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #3  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Is this a cut down Sim? The N4 HATES those.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    I had purchased a Sim cutter and have had no problems. I can understand maybe someone having a problem with cutting a sim with scissors.

    On that note, have you thought about taking it to a T mobile store? They may give you a new Sim and you can test it out while you are there.


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Nope, my sim card is not cut down. it's as authentic as it is.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by pontiac005 View Post
    I had purchased a Sim cutter and have had no problems. I can understand maybe someone having a problem with cutting a sim with scissors.

    On that note, have you thought about taking it to a T mobile store? They may give you a new Sim and you can test it out while you are there.


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I do not think the problem lies with the SIM card because I put it into another phone and it worked just fine with receiving signal reception.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    I have this problem all of the time too, so does my wife. We have had the SIM replaced by T-Mobile on both of our N4s, it didn't make a bit of difference.
    If I hold my phone by the very edges, my signal sometimes gets better, but overall it sucks.
    The T-Mobile reps tell me it's the LTE upgrade to the towers in the area that is the problem. They also all tell me they can't wait for the software upgrade that will enable LTE on the N4. I think they are full of it personally.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by galatians51 View Post
    I have this problem all of the time too, so does my wife. We have had the SIM replaced by T-Mobile on both of our N4s, it didn't make a bit of difference.
    If I hold my phone by the very edges, my signal sometimes gets better, but overall it sucks.
    The T-Mobile reps tell me it's the LTE upgrade to the towers in the area that is the problem. They also all tell me they can't wait for the software upgrade that will enable LTE on the N4. I think they are full of it personally.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Didn't know about the about the LTE upgrade part, thanks for telling me. Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this problem. I hope T-Mobile will fix this, fast!!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    On another Forum I found the answer to getting out of "Emergency Mode" on my NEX 4 with 4,3 update. Take your cleaning cloth and wipe it across the screen, really! I am now curious if it is also that simple to turn it back on, like by sliding it into my pocket? I missed an appointment reminder call, a call to pick up my wife at the Airport and several personal calls due to this "feature". I also lost the use of my Nav app and was late for an appointment. This is a very dangerous setting IMO and will now have to check every time I use it to see if it is ON again. When in "E" mode you are not allowed to select a Carrier and, much to my amazement I found myself in "Airplane Mode" yesterday which is probably triggered by E mode. This has only happened to me since received the 4.3 "upgrade", can anybody tell me how in the heck I turned E Mode ON? My first issue with this amazing device, but it's a ball-buster.

    Thanks in advance for any 411.
    Gar
    Last edited by Gar Beals; 08-11-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: thaipeaus
  9. #9  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by bubblyloops View Post
    I've been having this problem for a few days now. Whenever I try to make a call, it gives me the message, "Mobile Network Not Available." I am able to connect to Wi-Fi without a problem but I cannot make or receive phone calls or text messages - only "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" I thought it was because I had weak signal at home so I traveled somewhere else but still, with little success.

    I've tried everything I can think of. I have:
    - Factory reset it (many many times)
    - Removed the SIM card and put-it-back-in trick
    - Put my SIM card onto another phone and had no mobile network problems on that phone
    - Airplane Mode On>Turn off phone> Turn back on phone> Turn off Airplane mode
    - Create a new APN under T-mobile settings
    - Turned the Radio off and back on again
    - Went to Settings>More>Mobile networks>Network operators>T-Mobile and it gives me "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network." and sometimes, "Cannot connect to this network, please try again later"
    - Turned on "Use only 2G Networks"
    - Turned on "Data Enabled"
    - Turned on and off "Data Roaming"
    - In the Setting>About Phone>Status, it says,
    "Network: Unknown"
    "Mobile Network Type: UNKNOWN:0"
    "Mobile Network State: Disconnected"


    I have tried all of this and I am still unable to make or receive calls and text messages. Anyone, please help me !!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    No network found at my nexus 4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    I have gone through the exact same thing with my phone. I spent the entire day with itech help and here I am with no network and still can't call or text at all. The company even got me to purchase a new sim card which obviouly didnt male a difference. Cancelled my old sim and because the new one is a micro card i cant put it into my old phone bc it only takes the reg sims. A nd they cant change the sim cards back and reactivate my perfectly good old sim bc they already cancrlled it. I am fumin any advise would be greatly appreciated. I can't believ nobody has the answer.?? Please please if anyone can help us let us know please.
    Regards, Emm
  12. #12  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    I have gone through the exact same thing with my phone. I spent the entire day with itech help and here I am with no network and still can't call or text at all. The company even got me to purchase a new sim card which obviouly didnt male a difference. Cancelled my old sim and because the new one is a micro card i cant put it into my old phone bc it only takes the reg sims. A nd they cant change the sim cards back and reactivate my perfectly good old sim bc they already cancrlled it. I am fumin any advise would be greatly appreciated. I can't believ nobody has the answer.?? Please please if anyone can help us let us know please.
    Regards, Emm
  13. #13  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    I had similar issue since kitkat ota update...before the update i never had those issues...went into flight mode on n off didnt work out for me,while turning off n on the phone seems fixed it only for temporarily...but since my update to 4.4.2 n factory reset i ve never had those issues again...been 3 weeks now n never see those issues again

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    1) It is best to power off your phone before removing or inserting a SIM card. If you forgot to do so beforehand, be sure to reboot the phone after inserting the card so that it can be properly recognized

    2) In Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network operator, do not select any network; choose the automatic option instead.
    kart180 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    No its go much deeper than this. There's a known bug IN the modem firmware AND Adroid signal handling that result in the loss of cell signal. It was presented in 4.3 and the 4.3 update for Bitcoin hack. The only thing I dont know is if it was fix in 4.2. I have 4.2 and it just killed my phone for a month now.

    Before (4.3) I can get it back by *#*#4636#*#* and select GSM only. But now it wont get back no matter what. Inexpensive phone but die in a year time is very frustrating. Especially it was for my wife after my highly recommendation. I cant downgrade the firmware becasue the charging port went bad-I'm only using wireless charging.

    Cant believe a huge BUG like this render a Google premium device unusable, and Google wont fix it. Just a year and now an expensive mp3 player. I think I'm done with Google. They have became like MS before them. Buggy software, uninnovative - Android tablet have a lot less touch features than MS Metro ect... Just transfered all my contacts to MS internet Explorer from Chrome. Cant say bye to G yet because I'm still using Voice but its look like that is also going away very soon.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    I upgraded to kitkat. Have the same problem.
    So I am understanding that a factory reset may solve my problem....
  17. #17  

    Thumbs up Re: "Mobile Network Not Available" on Nexus 4 T-Mobile

    Thank You N4 Newbie, that worked for me, thanks for the tip! Thought for a moment i would be looking for a new phone

Similar Threads

  1. CM messaging app on DNA
    By hbar98 in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 01:09 PM
  2. Unlockable bootloaders on Verizon?
    By Davest in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 11:41 PM
  3. Android 4.3 Upgrade for Nexus 4?
    By Mike_47 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 07:12 AM
  4. Mobile Odin problems?
    By tastycaramel in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions