What is the best non-nexus Qi charger alternative?

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Currently I'm using the Nexus Qi charger (which had its quirks but still works well), so I tried using a friend's Nokia Qi Plate and I noticed its a little choosy where the phone has to be placed to charge, and for some reason it will possess the n4!

One time while charging, it activated the dialer and started dialing on its own, and another time it started playing a video from GPlay!

So I want your personal feedback trying out different Qi's to aid a quest to find the best non-nexus Qi charger alternative:

***decent size for portability, not as choosy where the phone needs to be placed, and definitely not possess the phone when charging!

Thx!

Sent from my "Crackdroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Good thread. I'd like to charge wirelessly to save wear and tear on that port, but I don't want to shell out $60 for the official charger. Maybe the N5 will use a different charger and the Orb will be fire-saled as a result to clear out inventory.

trabtw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Lianchuang N-7 for $26 and it seems to work perfectly. The instructions are terrible and written in Chinglish. A green light comes on when it is powered up and a red light comes on while charging. The red light goes out when the device is fully charged. The pad measures about 5"x3" and has a shiny ,slick white surface and you must put a rubber band around the charger because the inductive force rotates the Nexus 4 & 7 off the pad. The unit being charged must have the usb port at 6 or 9 o'clock. When the tablet is positioned correctly the red light comes on and stays on until the device is fully charged,

projectQitah

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Currently I'm using the Nexus Qi charger (which had its quirks but still works well), so I tried using a friend's Nokia Qi Plate and I noticed its a little choosy where the phone has to be placed to charge, and for some reason it will possess the n4!

One time while charging, it activated the dialer and started dialing on its own, and another time it started playing a video from GPlay!

So I want your personal feedback trying out different Qi's to aid a quest to find the best non-nexus Qi charger alternative:

***decent size for portability, not as choosy where the phone needs to be placed, and definitely not possess the phone when charging!

Thx!

Sent from my "Crackdroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App

Maybe consider the Qitah wireless charger? I've put in tonnes of sense in it :) Contribute if you like, share if you think other might too!

Cheers!
Tapan.