Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

i'm not able to see step 9 please help

Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

I get an error when trying to do the OP steps... As detailed in my screenshot below:

I get the same message and I even tried to use Android toolkit to no avail.

After entering "adb sideload update.zip" in command I get * cannot read 'sideload' *

Any ideas?

After a review of my system I noticed I did flash a previous radio so I could get 4G LTE. Would that be the problem?
    If it is I am not sure how to reflash back into the old radio. That would make my system complete stock again.

Ok that did it. I reflashed the radio image from 4.2.1 and then the update saw that I had the stock system in place. I used the nexus Skipsoft Android Toolkit to install but the proceedures outlined earlier in the beginning of the post would work as well. I lost no data and the process took about 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sacy007 View Post
    it was resolved now. if you have issue with ADB driver then install driver from here https://github.com/koush/UniversalAdbDriver
    Sacy!!! Tyvm Bro!!!!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sacy007 View Post
    it was resolved now. if you have issue with ADB driver then install driver from here https://github.com/koush/UniversalAdbDriver

Sacy Tyvm!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Gawron View Post
    I get an error when trying to do the OP steps... As detailed in my screenshot below:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...68961546_n.jpg
    Same problem here, if anyone can help us?

Is it only for Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phalgun Gujjar View Post
    This is the procedure I followed to Update to Stock 4.3.

Requirements:

1. 4.3 update file : Click here - JWR66V from JDQ39

2. MINI SDK package attached here : mini-sdk.zip

3. Windows PC (Win 7/8) I have not tried on windows XP or lower

4. Nexus 4 drivers installed on the PC

5. Ensure you have adequate battery life on the phone ( atleast 50%)

Steps to Install:

1. Unzip the contents of the mini SDK package to the root of your C drive

2. Move the 4.3 update file downloaded in step 1 to the mini SDK folder

3. Rename the update package to Update.zip (ensure that you can see the file extension in windows before renaming so that the file is named correctly)

4. Open command prompt on windows

5. Type in the command : cd C:\mini-sdk

6. Boot your phone in Fastboot mode and then go to recovery

7. In recovery select the option "apply update from ADB "

The screen will then show a message : Now send the package you want to apply to the device with ' adb sideload <filename>".....

8. Back on your PC type in the command : adb sideload update.zip

9. The phone will display certain messages and will update itself in the background

10. Wait till the update is complete and Enjoy 4.3

Notes:

1. You will NOT loose your data

2. This can be used only on STOCK recovery

3. It will work on UNLOCKED bootloader

LINK DOESNT WORK(update.zip)

name the update file as "update" instead of "update.zip" but please do not change command in command prompt this will really work rely on me i had done it my self

when i send the update file using adb command i proceed but after i min the phone shows message "installation is aborted" do any one know what happens.

Smile Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

is this possible for lenovo A3300-GV tab?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567