Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 163
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    This is the procedure I followed to Update to Stock 4.3.

    Requirements:

    1. 4.3 update file : Click here -

    2. MINI SDK package attached here :

    3. Windows PC (Win 7/8) I have not tried on windows XP or lower

    4. Nexus 4 drivers installed on the PC

    5. Ensure you have adequate battery life on the phone ( atleast 50%)



    Steps to Install:

    1. Unzip the contents of the mini SDK package to the root of your C drive

    2. Move the 4.3 update file downloaded in step 1 to the mini SDK folder

    3. Rename the update package to Update.zip (ensure that you can see the file extension in windows before renaming so that the file is named correctly)

    4. Open command prompt on windows

    5. Type in the command : cd C:\mini-sdk

    6. Boot your phone in Fastboot mode and then go to recovery

    7. In recovery select the option "apply update from ADB "

    The screen will then show a message : Now send the package you want to apply to the device with ' adb sideload <filename>".....

    8. Back on your PC type in the command : adb sideload update.zip

    9. The phone will display certain messages and will update itself in the background

    10. Wait till the update is complete and Enjoy 4.3


    Notes:

    1. You will NOT loose your data

    2. This can be used only on STOCK recovery

    3. It will work on UNLOCKED bootloader
    Thanked by 34:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Since i'm not a very technical personnel, does this means I'm rooting my Nexus 4?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phalgun Gujjar View Post
    This is the procedure I followed to Update to Stock 4.3.

    Requirements:

    1. 4.3 update file : Click here -

    2. MINI SDK package attached here :

    3. Windows PC (Win 7/8) I have not tried on windows XP or lower

    4. Nexus 4 drivers installed on the PC

    5. Ensure you have adequate battery life on the phone ( atleast 50%)



    Steps to Install:

    1. Unzip the contents of the mini SDK package to the root of your C drive

    2. Move the 4.3 update file downloaded in step 1 to the mini SDK folder

    3. Rename the update package to Update.zip (ensure that you can see the file extension in windows before renaming so that the file is named correctly)

    4. Open command prompt on windows

    5. Type in the command : cd C:\mini-sdk

    6. Boot your phone in Fastboot mode and then go to recovery

    7. In recovery select the option "apply update from ADB "

    The screen will then show a message : Now send the package you want to apply to the device with ' adb sideload <filename>".....

    8. Back on your PC type in the command : adb sideload update.zip

    9. The phone will display certain messages and will update itself in the background

    10. Wait till the update is complete and Enjoy 4.3


    Notes:

    1. You will NOT loose your data

    2. This can be used only on STOCK recovery

    3. It will work on UNLOCKED bootloader
    not working for me im doing what u said when i get to recovery mode my little android guy got a little red triangle on him
    Thanked by 2:
  4. #4  
    codemonkey85's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Austin View Post
    not working for me im doing what u said when i get to recovery mode my little android guy got a little red triangle on him
    Hold the power button and hit volume up once or twice and you should see the recovery menu. The text was quite tiny on my device; it was scrunched up at the top.
    Thanked by 5:
    Pirx73 and Itayhayat like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaw Tong Lew View Post
    Since i'm not a very technical personnel, does this means I'm rooting my Nexus 4?
    NO
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    doesn't work for me on windows 8 keeps saying cannot read
    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    NO
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lopez2 View Post
    doesn't work for me on windows 8 keeps saying cannot read
    what step?
  8. #8  
    e30ernest's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Austin View Post
    not working for me im doing what u said when i get to recovery mode my little android guy got a little red triangle on him
    Press the power button + volume up, a menu will appear. Select apply update from adb.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    can this be done directly to the phone?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    i get a error saying warning: no file_contextsverifying current system
    Never mind flashed system.img then sideloaded and it seems to have worked thanks
    Last edited by VanquishUK1234; 07-25-2013 at 01:28 AM.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Will this work for a Nexus 4 with the product name of "mako" as I noticed it isn't listed in the Nexus 4 Factory Image list?

    It's okay, found the mako/occam question answered elsewhere, and the answer is yes.
    Last edited by tawilson; 07-25-2013 at 01:35 AM.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    yes this is for mako
    this is not a factory image its the OTA meaning you loose no data
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Cheers for the prompt reply anyway, wasn't expecting one at this early time in the morning :P
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Ok, I'm having this weird issue. I've successfully sideloaded this, but after everything was done, optimized, and boots into my regular homescreen. I found the home button mapping to be unresponsive and I am not able to access the quick notifications (with the double finger swipe down method and the quick panel button). Um..Should I re-sidleload this? And oh..I can't access Google Now swiping from the home button and update my apps through the play story either.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    sigh, was gonna try but im stuck on root of cdive first step,lol,
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    Hold the power button and hit volume up once or twice and you should see the recovery menu. The text was quite tiny on my device; it was scrunched up at the top.
    same problem here...
    There is no option in recovery. After selecting recvoery in fast boot : google logo... the android logo with a red triangle and under line it says: No command.
    btw, for fast boot : vol. down + power
    Any idea?
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Uggh..I factory Reset it...Now everything is working normally.....No I have to set up all of my stuff again....Siiiiighh..
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    This worked great with the little trick how to find the options in the recovery! Thank you! I like the new Camera. Apart from that, cant "see" any big differences
  19. #19  

    Question Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    I followed the steps exactly, but its been on the Nexus bootloader animation for a while. Is this normal? Should it take a while, or have I broken something?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Worked fine for me. But i wish OP would update his post including actions to perform what to do when in recovery mode only thing is you see is a picture of android with opened belly.
    I do not think i was the only one getting confused at that stage. If you do it first time you don't know what else to do.
    Plus "Install Nexus 4" drivers could use a little elaboration. It actually should say "Install ADB drivers" with link pointing to google manual how to do it.

    Apart from that - useful post!
    Thanked by 2:
    bearda and rodgertdodger like this.
  21. #21  
    snsethy's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    I get "error: device not found" every time.
    Angad Dev Roy likes this.
  22. #22  
    migueltoro's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Quote Originally Posted by snsethy View Post
    I get "error: device not found" every time.

    Try this guy ADB driver. It worked for me.
    Thanked by 5:
    Evander likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    After entering "adb sideload update.zip" in command I get * cannot read 'sideload' *

    Any ideas?
  24. #24  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    I folowed the steps, seems to work, now upgrading to 4.3 in progress !
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

    Upgrade to 4.3..... finished !!!

    Works without any flaws.... very straight foward.

    Now I'm on 4.3 !!!

    Thanks guys !!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 03:40 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM
  3. Nexus 4 : HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 frm STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)
    By Phalgun Gujjar in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 08:13 PM
  5. Someone PLEASE tell me this is not how android is....
    By Ants Dont Sleep in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

B