Confession...

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a confession to make regarding my switch to a Nexus 4.

As I mentioned on an older post, I sold an iPhone 4S almost two weeks ago - due to the wifi being broke, I wasn't bored or fed up with iOS..

And instead of risking getting it replaced by Apple (again) and having an internal fail, I thought it was time to jump ship for a short period of time. So I looked around, and chose to get a Nexus 4. The price was low, the specs were high, and as I'd expect (like with iOS), the pure Android was clean and intuitive.

I was always put off by Android, as I had had a Wildfire in 2010 and it was dreadful - laggy, SD card hassle, and a tiny screen I couldn't type on!!!. And each time a new iPhone came out, people would always show me their Samsung Galaxy's and HTCs and claim they were better.. but all that 'Touchwiz' and HTC Sense put me right off. All of this pushed me toward the iPhone, but in my current situation, the Nexus 4, due to it being 'pure'.

However, after learning about how the Nexus was pure and the 'finest' phone in the eyes of Google, I seen Android for what it was. And while I know a lot of people like the add-on interfaces, I still don't think I do. But don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the ability to add things on and experiment!

I am enjoying the Nexus as it is smooth, powerful and flawless (so far). The battery is even good. I didn't see the fuss in the larger screen too, in fact, I thought the iPhone 5 was stupid, as I seen 3.5" to be 'the right size', but after having the size of the N4's screen, the clarity and real estate is just great!!

I thought this would be temporary, but I must admit, for the price and product that the Nexus phone is, I think this might be the start of something new. I thought by Christmas I'd be looking for the next-gen iPhone, but am I going crazy here? I think I'm on Android to stay. Or at least until the next iPhone, but I really didn't see it coming. This is such a pleasant experience.

Now, I still love Apple and my MacBook Pro, and for computers, I don't think I'll ever go back to Windows.. but Android is certainly great. And as long as there is a feature smartphone like the Nexus with pure Android, I think I'll stay aboard the Android ship.

Has anyone else done this? I'd like to know how things go as the way ahead is still not certain.. My questions are..

Will I enjoy this speed until the Nexus is old? Or will is slow down like Windows over time..

Will the Nexus continue to be updated? How did Google support older gen Nexus models?

Do Google slow it down? I know all my friends with an iPhone 4 are getting lag etc now..

Did any of you move from iOS and what do you think now?

Thanks guys, I hope I can become a regular on here!:cool:

bsmithphoto13

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my first nexus as well. I got mine used for a great price and the person left it rooted for me... I think I want to go back to out of the box stock on 4.3 and just enjoy the nexus for what it is meant to be. So far I'm definitely enjoying it though!

bsmithphoto13

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and blackberry Z10 that I bounced between. I tend to use one platform for a couple of months then switch... I tend to have too many toys haha

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am in line to get whichever iPhone comes out next, but as my post mentions I'm liking Android. It's a strange new thing to me lol I've always been iOS and briefly webOS! The Z10 was my second option to the Nexus. It looks very intuitive.

bsmithphoto13

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The Z10 is an awesome phone but the apps just aren't there yet. I live the swiping gestures to move between stuff and the keyboard is the best out there for a touch screen device but when I use it after my iPhone (and now nexus) I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of apps I use on a daily basis

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what I thought back in 2010 with webOS, great OS but the apps aren't there. But it's scary as these days that can be the difference between survival and failure. It'd be good competition though with BB in the game. I wonder how they'll fare in this post keyboard world though!

bsmithphoto13

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I must admit, I truly miss my Bold 9900s keyboard. I don't mind on screen keyboards, but man I could type out a book and be fine with that hardware keyboard haha

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Always good to see someone give Android a shot. I myself came from a Nokia E71x running busted Symbion. For me the longer I'm here the more I get into the nuances of the system.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1