Android 4.3 nexus 4

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I still didn't receive the 4.3 update. I don't want to force it because there are so many issues that I read about. I forced 4.2.2 and the online play store forgot what apps I had downloaded on my device. Do u think I will get the ota soon?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Waiting here too. Letting it happen naturally. (Lol) being patient. Phone is slick as is and I know I am not dealing with a carrier to update it so I am fine with a week or two.

Posted via Android Central App

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You'll notice next to no difference apart from the fact that the crop selection for wallpapers screws them and whichever picture you set as your desktop will look as pixelated as an acne ridden teenager.

JenPen1

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had nothing but problems since the new upgrade 2 days ago. The phone freezes, and after I had charged it I couldn't turn it on until I had almost had to revert to a factory reset. There is a message on the screen continuously saying " Oops I crashed but a report is being generated by my developers to fix the problem'. I wish I could go back to 4.2! Has anyone else had this problem?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting as well in fact I tried a few tines already to force it but so far no luck for my Nexus 4

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting, too. Obviously I'm impatient but hopefully it will arrive soon. Or negate one of main reasons for getting a Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the 4.3 update and while updating I got the android robot laying with a red triangle and says "Error"

And now is the phone back on with 4.2.2 and when I check for the update its gone!

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the 4.3 update and while updating I got the android robot laying with a red triangle and says "Error"

And now is the phone back on with 4.2.2 and when I check for the update its gone!

Keep checking. It's happened to other people and they end up getting another notification to try again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Paulo Campoy

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If using 4.3 and found what I suppose be a bug on camera.

If you put camera on video recording... if you touch the screen it will take some pics, and continue recording (like 4.2.2) but if do this, wait some seconds.. you can?t take more pics and also stop the vide recording. The only way to stop is push screen off button.

Anybody else have this problem?

Regards, :confused:

Irvin San Juan

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried to force the update by erasing and force closing the google services framework,... do not attempt this, it messed up my google play app down load,... I ended up having to do a factory reset on both my nexus 4, 10 because I started getting download error when getting apps...:mad:

mitaiwan82

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried to force the update by erasing and force closing the google services framework,... do not attempt this, it messed up my google play app down load,... I ended up having to do a factory reset on both my nexus 4, 10 because I started getting download error when getting apps...:mad:

same here! I get intermittent errors now asking for permission to my Google account. I might do a wipe to get rid of the errors

MongoosePanda

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
same here! I get intermittent errors now asking for permission to my Google account. I might do a wipe to get rid of the errors

Try removing your Google account and re-adding it first. I cleared my framework and had issues but after deleting and re-adding my account all the errors went away

Posted via Android Central App of Awesomeness

For all connect to server issues please check this post.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ror-solution-rpc-s-5-aec-0-a.html#post2328033

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Keep checking. It's happened to other people and they end up getting another notification to try again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Honestly I got another notification and gauss what? It gave ne the same error by installing!

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I forced the update and don't notice anything groundbreaking. It's nice to have the latest and greatest but I'd still recommend waiting, mostly because like most people forcing the update resulted in Play Store update errors etc.

But for those having that problem do not factory reset the phone. Simply follow the steps provided on this website: http://appslova.com/android-fix-rpc...pdating-or-installing-apps-google-play-store/

Basically you just re-add your Google account in layman's terms, but there are a few caches you have to clear out first, and then you simply restart the phone. Extremely easy and you don't lose anything and only takes a couple minutes instead of waiting weeks for the update to get pushed your way.

As always, only do what you feel comfortable doing. If you don't feel comfortable don't worry, 4.3 looks a whole lot like 4.2 lol. Note that this bug also happens to some users who update the legit way. It's a known issue and Google has yet to resolve it. Though they did acknowledge the issue on their support website, they stated that there are no workarounds at the moment (as per the link above there is a workaround, though it seems Google isn't comfortable advising users to do so?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae