Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.3 nexus 4

I still didn't receive the 4.3 update. I don't want to force it because there are so many issues that I read about. I forced 4.2.2 and the online play store forgot what apps I had downloaded on my device. Do u think I will get the ota soon?

Default Re: Android 4.3 nexus 4

Yes be patient

Waiting here too. Letting it happen naturally. (Lol) being patient. Phone is slick as is and I know I am not dealing with a carrier to update it so I am fine with a week or two.

Posted via Android Central App

You'll notice next to no difference apart from the fact that the crop selection for wallpapers screws them and whichever picture you set as your desktop will look as pixelated as an acne ridden teenager.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I have had nothing but problems since the new upgrade 2 days ago. The phone freezes, and after I had charged it I couldn't turn it on until I had almost had to revert to a factory reset. There is a message on the screen continuously saying " Oops I crashed but a report is being generated by my developers to fix the problem'. I wish I could go back to 4.2! Has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't received it yet either. Be patient. It will come.

I am waiting as well in fact I tried a few tines already to force it but so far no luck for my Nexus 4

Still waiting, too. Obviously I'm impatient but hopefully it will arrive soon. Or negate one of main reasons for getting a Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well I got the 4.3 update and while updating I got the android robot laying with a red triangle and says "Error"

And now is the phone back on with 4.2.2 and when I check for the update its gone!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    Well I got the 4.3 update and while updating I got the android robot laying with a red triangle and says "Error"

And now is the phone back on with 4.2.2 and when I check for the update its gone!

Keep checking. It's happened to other people and they end up getting another notification to try again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

If using 4.3 and found what I suppose be a bug on camera.

If you put camera on video recording... if you touch the screen it will take some pics, and continue recording (like 4.2.2) but if do this, wait some seconds.. you cant take more pics and also stop the vide recording. The only way to stop is push screen off button.

Anybody else have this problem?

Regards,

I tried to force the update by erasing and force closing the google services framework,... do not attempt this, it messed up my google play app down load,... I ended up having to do a factory reset on both my nexus 4, 10 because I started getting download error when getting apps...

what about HD netflix?? they covered something about DRM update? yes? no? don't care?

Quote Originally Posted by Irvin San Juan View Post
    I tried to force the update by erasing and force closing the google services framework,... do not attempt this, it messed up my google play app down load,... I ended up having to do a factory reset on both my nexus 4, 10 because I started getting download error when getting apps...
    same here! I get intermittent errors now asking for permission to my Google account. I might do a wipe to get rid of the errors

Quote Originally Posted by mitaiwan82 View Post
    same here! I get intermittent errors now asking for permission to my Google account. I might do a wipe to get rid of the errors
    Try removing your Google account and re-adding it first. I cleared my framework and had issues but after deleting and re-adding my account all the errors went away

Posted via Android Central App of Awesomeness

For all connect to server issues please check this post.

Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Quote Originally Posted by SiBlackwell View Post
    You'll notice next to no difference apart from the fact that the crop selection for wallpapers screws them and whichever picture you set as your desktop will look as pixelated as an acne ridden teenager.

loooooooool

Got it today OTA and pleased with outcome. Just impatient in my waiting for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pontiac005 View Post
    Keep checking. It's happened to other people and they end up getting another notification to try again.

Honestly I got another notification and gauss what? It gave ne the same error by installing!

yo tengo problemas serio. estaba descargando todo lo hizo bien y cuando esta instalando el 4.3 se me apago y no ha querido hacer nada mas mi Nexus 4

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts

I forced the update and don't notice anything groundbreaking. It's nice to have the latest and greatest but I'd still recommend waiting, mostly because like most people forcing the update resulted in Play Store update errors etc.

But for those having that problem do not factory reset the phone. Simply follow the steps provided on this website:

Basically you just re-add your Google account in layman's terms, but there are a few caches you have to clear out first, and then you simply restart the phone. Extremely easy and you don't lose anything and only takes a couple minutes instead of waiting weeks for the update to get pushed your way.

As always, only do what you feel comfortable doing. If you don't feel comfortable don't worry, 4.3 looks a whole lot like 4.2 lol. Note that this bug also happens to some users who update the legit way. It's a known issue and Google has yet to resolve it. Though they did acknowledge the issue on their support website, they stated that there are no workarounds at the moment (as per the link above there is a workaround, though it seems Google isn't comfortable advising users to do so?)

I got my 4.3 update today.I hoped the messaging app problem (It sometimes shows contacts' number instead of their name on a thread like they're not saved in contacts) is fixed. but nope!
    And my vpn app (anyconnect) doesn't work anymore! That was my only way to access google play!! Also some other useless apps stopped working.And it seems phone is a little slower now.grrr

P.S: the anyconnect app now has an update fixed for 4.3 so I think that will fix the problen
    Last edited by Niloofar6; 07-30-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiBlackwell View Post
    your desktop will look as pixelated as an acne ridden teenager.
    A bit like your profile pic on this site!!

Just got a notification that it's ready for me to install next time I'm on WiFi .. but looking at all the issues above, I'm now not so sure I want to get it! Has anyone had good experiences with it?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I got the OTA on my nexus 10, and I love it! I have not experienced any issues yet. :-)
    Now im just waiting on my nexus 4...
    Last edited by Google4Lifee; 07-30-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiempreTuna View Post
    Just got a notification that it's ready for me to install next time I'm on WiFi .. but looking at all the issues above, I'm now not so sure I want to get it! Has anyone had good experiences with it?
    Got the ota on mine and with the exception of an app that crashes, no problem here. It's a mixed bag of people that have problems and people that do not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast