Nexus 4 Digital Alarm Clock issue

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a 4.3 problem, a universal issue or an isolated incident. For the last few days (I've only had my Nexus 4 a week or so), when I set an alarm through the clock app, it sets fine and the next screen displays the correct day and time. However, the digital clock widget on my home page won't update and is stuck on a previous time I had set the alarm for.

For instance, last night I set my alarm for 4:45 am this morning. The home page widget continued to display "MON 5:45 AM" underneath the current time. As of right now, it still says that, although it should have switched to TUES because the Monday time has passed. The lock screen and alarm settings page both display the correct alarm time, but the home screen does not.

Anyone else have this issue? Got a fix? Thanks.

Lili217

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue! I noticed it started happening after I updated to 4.3. The widget alarm time doesn't change and the alarm randomly works for me. Very frustrating.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Widgets often update on a time base e.g hourly so it doesn't drain your battery that could be the issue. If your worried it won't go off just draw down press the top right button and see if next alarm is the correct one.

Posted via Android Central App

Ron Peled

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have the same issue since I got my nexus 4 - two month ago, so its not a new 4.3 issue.
If I throw the digital clock to the trash can, and select it again from the widget menu it resolves the old alarm clock display, couldnt quite find out what causes it to enter this state though.

cydu

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Same issue... all my clocks are showing yesterday's date, the time is fine. It happened a short while after i updated to the second build of 4.3.
Tried disabling, force stopping and cleared data and cache.
Nothing goes:':)':)'(

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm now having the problem of the clock force closing when my alarm is to go off. Resulting in no alarm sounding at all...

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox