android 4.3 bugs with nexus 4

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Dan Smartt, what you're describing sounds like the Android sleep of death. Google it. You'll find hundreds of people with the same problem.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have zero bugs on 4.3. Did any of you try the "tricks" to force the update (such as clearing the Google services framework)? That isn't recommended, and could cause problems. I just downloaded the OTA.

Dorknight

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have zero bugs on 4.3. Did any of you try the "tricks" to force the update (such as clearing the Google services framework)? That isn't recommended, and could cause problems. I just downloaded the OTA.

I updated manually using stock Recovery. No issues doing that, and it shouldn't be a problem that way.

I can say that after uninstalling Netflix, I've had no issues so far today

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As advertised, the phone runs smoother, touch screen is more responsive, battery life is noticeably better....the only bug I noticed is that I can only BT transfer 2 files at a time, then I need to turn off BT / turn on, rinse and repeat.

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't download anything from the play store :(
I have tried clearing data and force stopping the app but no dice.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1375302659346.jpg
    1375302659346.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 85

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Try removing your Google acct, clearing the cache and data, and then adding the account again. To remove the acct, go to the Google in the settings menu, tap on your email, and in the three dot menu choose remove acct.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dorknight

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Try uninstalling the Google Play Services updates in the App Manager. It'll be under Downloaded. Then after make sure you sign into Hangouts/Talk. Before you can do that it'll tell you to update your Play Services again.

run1fast

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Try removing your Google acct, clearing the cache and data, and then adding the account again. To remove the acct, go to the Google in the settings menu, tap on your email, and in the three dot menu choose remove acct.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, I too had to remove my Google account and then add it back. Pain in the neck but now works. Occasionally, Google Play thru the web says I dont have a device still. But Play thru the phone works.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

STOP clearing Services Framework! This is what happens.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This is not a bug but w/the 4.3 update, if the screen is on but locked, the clock in the top right hand corner does not display like it used to prior to 4.3. It shows up as soon as the screen is unlocked, however. I'm so used to seeing the clock there even though there's a big clock in the middle of the screen. I don't see the benefit of removing the smaller clock in the top right.

DB_5

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I need some help here too... my device (n4) from google directly (was previously unlocked, but not rooted), on tmobile... Had a full battery and was on the charger when I updated/installed 4.3 ....My phone wont go past the black screen with "google" in white, and shuts off before getting to the "X"... I have no idea why... When I start the phone in fastboot, for some reason it shows "locked" at the bottom... Any help?

Jamal Felton

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
my nexus 4 initially had an issue with error messages regarding failed text messages. the biggest problem though is that when I rebooted the phone, two apps that i use frequently are no longer on my device and they were native apps (the local app, along with the native navigation app) I can't even find them in the play store.......Please tell me they weren't discontinued!!!! i count on these apps!!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
my nexus 4 initially had an issue with error messages regarding failed text messages. the biggest problem though is that when I rebooted the phone, two apps that i use frequently are no longer on my device and they were native apps (the local app, along with the native navigation app) I can't even find them in the play store.......Please tell me they weren't discontinued!!!! i count on these apps!!!

Those were both just shortcuts to features within the "Maps" app.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This is not a bug but w/the 4.3 update, if the screen is on but locked, the clock in the top right hand corner does not display like it used to prior to 4.3. It shows up as soon as the screen is unlocked, however. I'm so used to seeing the clock there even though there's a big clock in the middle of the screen. I don't see the benefit of removing the smaller clock in the top right.

If there's a widget showing the time on the lock screen, the time doesn't show in the status bar anymore. Pretty neat, i think.

subhasish

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: android 4.3 OS hangs while using Skype on Nexus 4

Today i have installed 4.3 OS in Nexus 4 mobile & start using Skype call.
After call was for 1-2 mins...mobile started hanging.....i am not able to close skype as well.....I am a frequent user of skype app...Hope google will fix this issue, Looks like Skype is not compatible with Android 4.3 OS else....there is bug in 4.3 OS.

Thanks,
Subhasish

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: android 4.3 OS hangs while using Skype on Nexus 4

Today i have installed 4.3 OS in Nexus 4 mobile & start using Skype call.
After call was for 1-2 mins...mobile started hanging.....i am not able to close skype as well.....I am a frequent user of skype app...Hope google will fix this issue, Looks like Skype is not compatible with Android 4.3 OS else....there is bug in 4.3 OS.

Thanks,
Subhasish

The people at Skype will probably come out with an update that should fix that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, anyone who does an OS in-place upgrade deserves whatever troubles they get, in my view.

I wiped my phone and did the install. Everything worked except for the known incompatibility with Netflix. Ever since that's been gone, my phone has been rock solid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae