1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T to T-Mobile

So I just made the switch from the AT&T to T-Mobile and have a few set of questions:

1) In the day I wait, will I be able to use the AT&T SIM while the other one gets registered even if they have the same phone numbers?

2) I had to manually cut the SIM card for the T-Mobile, and it says "No service, Emergency Calls Only." If it fits decently enough, it should work right?

Excited I'm finally able to make the switch, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: AT&T to T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ShashankNegi View Post
    So I just made the switch from the AT&T to T-Mobile and have a few set of questions:

1) In the day I wait, will I be able to use the AT&T SIM while the other one gets registered even if they have the same phone numbers?

2) I had to manually cut the SIM card for the T-Mobile, and it says "No service, Emergency Calls Only." If it fits decently enough, it should work right?

Excited I'm finally able to make the switch, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Im sorry that I cant help , but I'm really interested to hear about the differences, either good or bad. Im with att and that jump program, by t-mobile, really has my ear. I have no problem with att service but waiting two years or even one year is too long for me. Im also certain att is pulling the wool over my eyes with the "next" program. I would love it if you kept me up to date, good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Will do.

For your first question, you should be able to. I came from a slightly different situation since I ported my number from Google voice instead of another carrier but I was able to use my number on gvoice until the moment the port was complete.

The second one you should be fine as long as you cut it properly. That message makes sense since technically you don't have a number for service until it ports over. You won't know for sure until the port is complete.

As for an overall service change from att to tmo, there is definitely a dropout in quality, but it's not too bad as long as you live near a bigger city. One thing that I did find was that I get much poorer reception when inside than I ever did with att.
    Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you for the assurance, and I live in New York with no intentions of leaving so I should be good.