No Longer Getting Notifications

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This started happening after a failed attempt to update to 4.3 (manual download failed and then started Optimizing apps before loading to the home screen).
I get texts. Nothing else.

I flashed the 4.2.2 without having to wipe data and still nothing. Upgraded to 4.3 and nothing. At a lost here. Never had this issue. I would hate to have to flash and wipe data only to find that it still won't work.
Any ideas? :(

Sheri Goesen

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
For about a month this has been happening right? Try this..... settings, application manager, push service, uninstall last update. This will also work if you have lost your blue triangle navigation icon. Settings, application manager, maps, uninstall last update. Blue icon.....regular navigation back:) ......every time my phone restarts tho it automatically updates and I need to uninstall updates again. Errr lol

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
For about a month this has been happening right? Try this..... settings, application manager, push service, uninstall last update. This will also work if you have lost your blue triangle navigation icon. Settings, application manager, maps, uninstall last update. Blue icon.....regular navigation back:) ......every time my phone restarts tho it automatically updates and I need to uninstall updates again. Errr lol

Started happening recently when I cleared Google Framework for the update. Can't seem to find anything about Push in the app setting.

EDIT:
Got it all figured out.

Last edited:

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I simply went to each app that wasn't giving notifications and cleared cache and data. Everything went back to normal right after and is still working right now.

Again, this all happened after a failed update and Android optimizing all the apps on boot up. Didn't think a simple clearing would fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC