Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Longer Getting Notifications

This started happening after a failed attempt to update to 4.3 (manual download failed and then started Optimizing apps before loading to the home screen).
    I get texts. Nothing else.

I flashed the 4.2.2 without having to wipe data and still nothing. Upgraded to 4.3 and nothing. At a lost here. Never had this issue. I would hate to have to flash and wipe data only to find that it still won't work.
    Any ideas?

Default Re: No Longer Getting Notifications

For about a month this has been happening right? Try this..... settings, application manager, push service, uninstall last update. This will also work if you have lost your blue triangle navigation icon. Settings, application manager, maps, uninstall last update. Blue icon.....regular navigation back ......every time my phone restarts tho it automatically updates and I need to uninstall updates again. Errr lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri Goesen View Post
    For about a month this has been happening right? Try this..... settings, application manager, push service, uninstall last update. This will also work if you have lost your blue triangle navigation icon. Settings, application manager, maps, uninstall last update. Blue icon.....regular navigation back ......every time my phone restarts tho it automatically updates and I need to uninstall updates again. Errr lol
    Started happening recently when I cleared Google Framework for the update. Can't seem to find anything about Push in the app setting.

EDIT:
    Got it all figured out.
    Last edited by PhoenixMike; 07-31-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMike View Post
    Started happening recently when I cleared Google Framework for the update. Can't seem to find anything about Push in the app setting.

EDIT:
    Got it all figured out.
    I have a similar problem with no notifications - how did you figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMike View Post

EDIT:
    Got it all figured out.
    Yeah same here? What did you do, its driving me crazy!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I simply went to each app that wasn't giving notifications and cleared cache and data. Everything went back to normal right after and is still working right now.

Again, this all happened after a failed update and Android optimizing all the apps on boot up. Didn't think a simple clearing would fix.