Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix app shutting down my Nexus4 with 4.3?

Anyone else experiencing this?

I just got the Chromecast and installed that app and Netflix and besides the Netflix being super buggy... I've walked away from my phone and twice come back to have the phone turned off. Never happened before installing the Chromecast and Netflix app last night. For me that's the worst kind of crash when it shuts down your phone. And seems to take a couple of trys to power back on.

Default Re: Netflix app shutting down my Nexus4 with 4.3?

It is a known issue with compatibility. Netflix is working on it

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    It is a known issue with compatibility. Netflix is working on it
    Do you have a source or any additional info on this? I just installed the Netflix app last night and was using it right before I went to bed. I woke up this morning and my alarm hadn't gone off, only to find my phone had turned itself off at some point overnight. I'm assuming this is why. Should I uninstall or will it only happen immediately after using the Netflix app?

From the Nexus Facebook page..

Google Nexus 4
    7 hours ago
    Google aware of current Netflix bug on Android 4.3 devices; Fix is on the way

Currently, running Netflix on your Android 4.3 device causes the devices power lock button to become unresponsive once its put to sleep. Definitely an annoying bug and you can be sure Google and Netflix are currently working on a fix ASAP. According to Googles own Dan Morrill, top men are currently working on a fix that will be pushed as soon as its finished.
    Until then, the only way to revive the device is to hold the power button until it restarts. Well let you all know once the update is pushed!

Sounds to me like someone wrote Netflix and made some shortcuts in their code. I mean, seriously... HTF does an app that's not even being run lock up your power button?!?