MLB.TV Video not supported in 4.3, Can I rollback my N4 to 4.2.2?

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Is there a quick and easy way to rollback to 4.2.2? I didn't see anything obvious in the settings except a complete reset, which I'd rather avoid.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Your only option is to flash a factory image which is a bit involved and wipes your data (I think). Maybe better to wait for an app update...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So people are ready to rollback to 4.2.2 and loose all Battery/Performance/Bluetooth/OpenGL Performance improvement and hundreds of features included for MLB TV which will be fixed in few days. Sorry to say that but that sounds like a dumb thing to do.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If there was a simple "Rollback to Previous OS Version" button available, I would push it without a second thought. Now would I be willing to wipe my N4 and reload it from some downloaded 4.2.2 backup image that some anonymous person uploaded to a sketchy side loading website? Probably not. Other than a bit of extra standby time, I haven't noticed any meaningful differences between 4.2.2 and 4.3. And since I rarely ever dropped below 50% battery while on 4.2.2, the difference between the two is insignificant to me. Except for the fact that MLB At Bat video worked on 4.2.2 and doesn't work on 4.3.

As far as waiting for an update goes, I have my doubts that is going to happen anytime soon. I've been an MLB.TV premium subscriber for the past couple of years, and let's just say that in season bug fixes and software updates do not seem to be a very high priority for MLB. I personally would be happy if they just got the video fixed by the end of August, but I am not holding my breath. If you put a gun to my head today and asked me if they would have it fixed at any point this season, I would have to say no. But that's just my opinion, hopefully they will prove me wrong.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If there was a simple "Rollback to Previous OS Version" button available, I would push it without a second thought. Now would I be willing to wipe my N4 and reload it from some downloaded 4.2.2 backup image that some anonymous person uploaded to a sketchy side loading website? Probably not. Other than a bit of extra standby time, I haven't noticed any meaningful differences between 4.2.2 and 4.3. And since I rarely ever dropped below 50% battery while on 4.2.2, the difference between the two is insignificant to me. Except for the fact that MLB At Bat video worked on 4.2.2 and doesn't work on 4.3.

As far as waiting for an update goes, I have my doubts that is going to happen anytime soon. I've been an MLB.TV premium subscriber for the past couple of years, and let's just say that in season bug fixes and software updates do not seem to be a very high priority for MLB. I personally would be happy if they just got the video fixed by the end of August, but I am not holding my breath. If you put a gun to my head today and asked me if they would have it fixed at any point this season, I would have to say no. But that's just my opinion, hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Factory images come direct from google/their servers, NOT some random filesharing site (unless you're going out of your way for trouble)...

[edit]: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was disappointed too the first time I tried to use MLB.tv after updated to 4.3. Fortunately, I also carry an iPhone 5 so i can watch games on that. The screen is very small though!

ildeuce

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Obviously your not a baseball fan, because I was thinking about downgrading immediately after I found out MLB at Bat Video playback wasnt supported yet.

Go Rangers!

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So people are ready to rollback to 4.2.2 and loose all Battery/Performance/Bluetooth/OpenGL Performance improvement and hundreds of features included for MLB TV which will be fixed in few days. Sorry to say that but that sounds like a dumb thing to do.

LOL, over 2 weeks later and they still haven't fixed it.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's not so much that the app is a mess. It's more like "We already have your money and we aren't going to get any more from you if we do fix it, so why bother?". Happens every year with them. Some feature breaks, they say they are working on it, never get around to fixing it, then say "But the audio stream still works.." as if that is the same as video.