Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 1 Post By TheDroidKid
  • 1 Post By Nimbose
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Unhappy Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    Ever since the latest update, creating wallpapers from stored images isn't as great as it used to be. The images turn out to be bad quality on the screen; even ones that I've used before and had no trouble with. Anyone else experiencing this? It's very annoying because I can only use stock wallpaper images now if I want my home screen to look decent... :c

    Here's a screenshot;


    The original image is incredibly sharp with no noise what-so-ever, but you can see from the screenshot of my phone that the lines have been distorted somewhat and it no longer looks like presentable.

    Is anyone else having this issue?
  2. #2  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,166 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    I can't tell how the artist drew Rainbow Dash, so it's hard to tell for me. Have you tried saving that wallpaper image, uploading it to G+, letting it do it's auto awesome stuff to it then resaving to phone and setting as wallpaper? That might be a decent workaround.
    Nimbose likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    I can't tell how the artist drew Rainbow Dash, so it's hard to tell for me. Have you tried saving that wallpaper image, uploading it to G+, letting it do it's auto awesome stuff to it then resaving to phone and setting as wallpaper? That might be a decent workaround.
    I actually linked to the original image; it's, uh... in the phrase 'orginal image'. Heh.

    I'll try that, though! I'll let you know how it goes. c:
  4. #4  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,166 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    So it is! I clearly have not had enough coffee. Thanks for pointing that out! We can't let my daughter see this wallpaper, she'll make me put it on all my devices

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbose View Post
    I actually linked to the original image; it's, uh... in the phrase 'orginal image'. Heh.

    I'll try that, though! I'll let you know how it goes. c:
    Nimbose likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbose View Post
    Ever since the latest update, creating wallpapers from stored images isn't as great as it used to be. The images turn out to be bad quality on the screen; even ones that I've used before and had no trouble with. Anyone else experiencing this? It's very annoying because I can only use stock wallpaper images now if I want my home screen to look decent... :c

    Here's a screenshot;
    http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c03e409.png

    The original image is incredibly sharp with no noise what-so-ever, but you can see from the screenshot of my phone that the lines have been distorted somewhat and it no longer looks like presentable.

    Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yes some people are having this issue. Google is aware of it. check a thread started the other day below.

    4.3 wallpaper changes

    Link
    Thanked by:
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    So it is! I clearly have not had enough coffee. Thanks for pointing that out! We can't let my daughter see this wallpaper, she'll make me put it on all my devices
    Rainbow Dash will invade your life eventually; just you wait and see!
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidKid View Post
    Yes some people are having this issue. Google is aware of it. check a thread started the other day below.

    4.3 wallpaper changes

    Link
    Aah, I see! It's very strange. Wonder what did it.

    Hopefully it'll get fixed soon then, since Google is aware. Stock wallpapers are so boring. :c
  8. #8  
    dt81's Avatar

    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    I should have searched before hand for this. Gr

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    Just thought I'd let everyone know that even after seven months, the issue still hasn't been fixed...

    Wow. :c
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Wallpapers After The 4.3 Update

    I just now noticed this after messing with wallpapers but I don't notice it with all wallpapers. I downloaded a few the other day and some seem yet some seem a bit grainy.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Xperia Z jellybean 4.2.2 update
    By jovi2701 in forum Sony Xperia Z
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 06:38 PM
  2. What is your favorite part about the lucid 2?
    By ddonahueiup in forum LG Lucid 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 06:05 AM
  3. Ways to get the most charge out of the new nexus 7
    By talons1025 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:30 AM
  4. Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy S3
    By linuxson in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions