2 week old nexus 4 shutting down randomly.

nips99

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys first post. I have a two week old nexus 4 that randomly shuts down with enough battery (restarted to 73%). Its not rooted or running anything custom. Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus4

nips99

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Netflix app but I wasn't using it.. But I did have it open earlier to try and check my account stuff. Should I uninstall it then or just not use it until an update?

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling it and see if the problem persists. If not then the app is the problem. Otherwise you can keep the app if it's not the problem.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It is definitely the Netflix app causing this. You can do whatever you want with the app. I use my my Netflix app still. Afterwards I shut my phone off and restart it... that way I know the app is closed.

I have the Netflix app but I wasn't using it.. But I did have it open earlier to try and check my account stuff. Should I uninstall it then or just not use it until an update?

nips99

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
hey guys sorry to bump this but the netflix app just updated and everything works fine now. no freezing or whatnot. thanks guys.

Matt-Jasbond

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times, 1 month old nexus 4, full battery, NO NETFLIX, I don't use that and it sometimes randomly just turns off, which is brilliant if you had an emergency or you were out and had no outlet. Cause it seems the only way to fix it is by plugging it into the plug socket and pressing and holding on.
Wtf is going on google? This is BOLLOCKS!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If it's on Android 4.3 that's normal. You should check out some of the threads on this site about the 4.3 issue.

I don't think that is a fair statement at all. My wife and I are both running 4.3 on Nexus 4's and neither of us suffers from random shutdowns.

The more likely explanation is that the OP is running an app which is not compatible with the latest OS updates. This happens every time an OS update hits the street, whether Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, or even PalmOS.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that is a fair statement at all. My wife and I are both running 4.3 on Nexus 4's and neither of us suffers from random shutdowns.

The more likely explanation is that the OP is running an app which is not compatible with the latest OS updates. This happens every time an OS update hits the street, whether Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, or even PalmOS.

Yeah that happens but this is so widespread that it has to be an issue with the OS.

amcity32

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This also occurs with the Snapchat app. The problem the developers blame the reboots on a problem with Android and did nothing to fix it.

Posted via Android Central App via my Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac