Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DirkBelig
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question unable to connect nexus4 to PC

HI all,

I tried connecting my nexus 4 to PC when am trying to open it it says 'YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS THIS DEVICE' am i missing some thing.

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: unable to connect nexus4 to PC

1. What operating system on your PC?
    2. What exactly is given the error - the PC or phone?
    3. What mode is your USB storage set to - Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP)?
    4. Is USB debugging turned on?
    5. What are you trying to do?
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
    andr0idralphie likes this.

1st step is done and nexus 4 shows on PC with MTP option selected on phone. However when trying to double click to access folders of nexus4 error comes as you do not have permission to access this device.

Anyone knows on what might be causing this?

Do you have a pin or pattern lock on your phone? If so, unlock the phone and try again.

Thanks, actually didnt set pin and pattern lock. Tried resetting to factory setting but still getting same message that you do not have permission to access this device

You can try to install Nexus 4 drivers on your PC. Here's a link usb_driver.rar (found it off xda-developers website). Or you can google search "Nexus 4 usb drivers". I'm not sure if this would solve your problem but definitely worth a shot if nothing else is doing it for you.

Are you using windows vista? Can you right click and look for administrator privileges? Have you tried setting it to the other, camera setting?