weird issues with nexus 4 after 4.3

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So o noticed some weird little things happening with my nexus 4. I originally did the work around to get 4.3 that was talked about on the forums. But after doing so I started getting issues with the play store and these weird error messages.

So, to be safe I did a factory restore. But I noticed 4.3 was still on the phone.

But since then I have noticed a few weird issues. First, it seems like my phone is perhaps stuttering a bit more. Also, I noticed a weird issue with the audible app showing three of the same notification icon in my status bar. Its pretty annoying.

Would the factory reset even fix any damage I did or may have done to the Google services or the phone with that weird work around?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
But I assume that my phone shouldn't have been effected in a negative at though, right. I didn't know if that work around screwed up something internally with services.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Clearing the Google Framework has nothing to do with the issues your phone is having since the update. Try performing a factory reset.

But I assume that my phone shouldn't have been effected in a negative at though, right. I didn't know if that work around screwed up something internally with services.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset. I'm just wondering if there still might be damage to my phone somewhere. I usually don't dog around in the phone or do work around a like that out of fear of damaging or bugging my phone.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Your issues could be related to something you have installed on your phone since upgrading. Third party launchers and media players are big culprits of causing issues right now. Once the developers start getting apps caught up with compatibility for 4.3, issues will start going away. In the meantime, you may want to review what you may have installed to see if any of those are causing issues. You can check the comments sections in the Play Store for the apps to see if others are having issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Your issues could be related to something you have installed on your phone since upgrading. Third party launchers and media players are big culprits of causing issues right now. Once the developers start getting apps caught up with compatibility for 4.3, issues will start going away. In the meantime, you may want to review what you may have installed to see if any of those are causing issues. You can check the comments sections in the Play Store for the apps to see if others are having issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, apparently every recent review of audible is complaining about that icon notification thing, so that's a app issue. I still wanna make sure I didn't muck with any of the services stuff and if my factory restore would have fixed any changes or problems)

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, apparently every recent review of audible is complaining about that icon notification thing, so that's a app issue. I still wanna make sure I didn't muck with any of the services stuff and if my factory restore would have fixed any changes or problems)

More than likely, if there were any software issues related to the rom, the factory reset will have fixed those. Connection to Google services could be a different story. Time will tell with those. When you delete the services data, you are deleting info that says this is me and I'm back when connecting to Google servers. If you start experiencing issues with Google services, then you will know something is mucked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
More than likely, if there were any software issues related to the rom, the factory reset will have fixed those. Connection to Google services could be a different story. Time will tell with those. When you delete the services data, you are deleting info that says this is me and I'm back when connecting to Google servers. If you start experiencing issues with Google services, then you will know something is mucked.

How would I know if services is mucked up?it won't let me connect to my Google stuff?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
How would I know if services is mucked up?it won't let me connect to my Google stuff?

The symptoms I have been reading, inability to connect to some services, including not being able to download apps from the Play Store, force closes with some Google apps and background services, the online Play Store no longer displaying your device in your account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome