Wi-Fi stops working on Nexus 4

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

About once a day, wi-fi stops working on my N4. If I click on Settings > Wi-Fi and try to turn wi-fi "On", nothing happens. If I turn the phone off and then back on, wi-fi starts working again. Any thoughts on why this is happening and any fix?

Thanks,
b

Last edited:

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple threads already talking about this. Check them out and hopefully they will get you going again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
@Glars - It is set to Always, but the problem persists.
@andr0idralphie - Good question, don't really know. The router was installed by AT&T Uverse, with no instructions for updating firmware. But I don't believe the router is the problem, because the problem usually occurs when I am away from home.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Tried Wi-Fi Fixer but it did not help. Under "Similar" on Play store were a few other apps that claimed to fix wifi issues. I decided to try Fix My WiFi - Demo, even though it has pretty bad reviews. Clicked on Manual Fix and my wifi was restored after a few seconds. Let's see if it lasts.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Just to update, my wifi seems to fail less frequently since I downloaded Fix My WiFi - Demo. I did lose my wifi twice, however. One of these times, I clicked on Manual Fix and wifi was restored. The other time, Manual Fix did not fix and I had to restart the phone to get my wifi back.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Further update: I continued having trouble with wifi. Except for the one time mentioned in my prior post, every time I clicked Manual Fix on Fix My WiFi - Demo, my wifi was restored. After the trial period expired, I paid the $3 for the full version of Fix My WiFi. When I lose wifi, clicking Manual Fix on Fix My WiFi has cleared the issue and restored wifi.

While clicking on Manual Fix is much better than restarting the phone every time wifi goes down, I'd love a full fix that prevents the loss of wifi, so that the phone will connect to wifi and stay connected whenever in range, as it used to do.

Any further thoughts or ideas? Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks,
b