Help! I upgraded my Nexus 4 to 4.3 and I don't have any problems! What am I doing wrong?

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Based on the plurality of threads stating their Nexus 4 won?t connect to WiFi, won?t turn off, or turn on, or they?ve lost touch screen capabilities, or it?s sucking their battery dry, it seems like I?m in the minority (not for the first time in my life) and maybe there is something wrong with my phone.

Can anyone here who?s more knowledgeable and experienced give me some advice? Thanks so much in advance!

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Holy crap dude! I'm not experienced at all, but you're in desperate need of advice so I'll give what I can!

Try rooting it! Then start deleting a bunch of random things that don't seem to be important!
Next, go to unreliable websites and download their content!
If it is still working perfectly, then crap man, I don't know.. you got a faulty device! Id buy a new one if I were you and just trash the current piece of rubbish you have right now.. be like the isheep! Join the crowd!

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap dude! I'm not experienced at all, but you're in desperate need of advice so I'll give what I can!

Try rooting it! Then start deleting a bunch of random things that don't seem to be important!
Next, go to unreliable websites and download their content!
If it is still working perfectly, then crap man, I don't know.. you got a faulty device! Id buy a new one if I were you and just trash the current piece of rubbish you have right now.. be like the isheep! Join the crowd!

And never , never, do a factory reset it if you are having problems with something on the N4. Instead, start a new thread on this forum every day, and complain about how the update has destroyed your phone, and your life, and has started you on the path to a nervous breakdown. In addition, I would try to blame any cracks in the glass on the update, when someone posts that they dropped their phone.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Download Netflix, open the app and then tell me your phone works perfectly.

Based on the plurality of threads stating their Nexus 4 won?t connect to WiFi, won?t turn off, or turn on, or they?ve lost touch screen capabilities, or it?s sucking their battery dry, it seems like I?m in the minority (not for the first time in my life) and maybe there is something wrong with my phone.

Can anyone here who?s more knowledgeable and experienced give me some advice? Thanks so much in advance!

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

A lot of things can affect an update. You'll need to give more information, like:

- When did you buy your phone?
- Did you buy your phone from the Google Play store or from a carrier (e.g. T-Mobile)?
- Do you have the original Nexus 4 or the revised one with the rubber feet on the back?
- Did you root your Nexus 4, or is it unrooted?
- Are you running a custom ROM, or is it stock?
- Did you run a virus scan before the update?
- Did you charge your Nexus 4 to 100% before performing the update?
- Did you have your Nexus 4 plugged in while performing the update?
- Are you powering the phone via a wall jack or via the USB port of a computer?
- Do you have LTE enabled on your Nexus 4?
- Did you enable airplane mode before running the update?
- Which carrier you are using (e.g. AT&T or T-Mobile)?
- Did you wait for the OTA, or did you force the update somehow?
- Have you sideloaded any apps?
- How much free space (out of the 8 or 16 GB) was available at the time of the update?
- Is your Nexus 4 brand new, used, or refurbished?
- Did you try to overclock the CPU?
- Is the data on your Nexus 4 encrypted?
- Are you running 2-factor authentication?
- Did you put a working SIM inside your Nexus 4 during the update?
- Are you using any 3rd party accessories with your Nexus 4?

There's probably one more thing, but I can think of anything else right now. :)