Beware of Weather Channel

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Today I had some pretty horrible battery life. With little use my phone dropped to 30% after almost 9 hours.

Turns out, the Weather Channel App went rogue. (See attached screenshot) It kept my GPS running for almost 9 solid hours, which also kept my phone from sleeping. (Google services kept the phone awake, and location services are lumped in with them) I've seen this occasionally with some other apps, but never with one this mainstream.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375949355424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375949355424.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375949389134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375949389134.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 37

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had TWC go nuts on me once or twice, but it hasn't been a consistent problem. While it's good to be aware of potential problems, a one-off occurrence doesn't merit a blanket warning/condemnation. If it does it several days in a row, then there's a problem. I'm having brutal drainage from NLPWakelocks, but there's already a thread with several others going. That's a problem.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I had TWC go nuts on me once or twice, but it hasn't been a consistent problem. While it's good to be aware of potential problems, a one-off occurrence doesn't merit a blanket warning/condemnation. If it does it several days in a row, then there's a problem. I'm having brutal drainage from NLPWakelocks, but there's already a thread with several others going. That's a problem.

I like The Weather Channel. If the app is problematic to you. Bookmark the page just like I do and use bookmark widget to access right to that page.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The NLP wakelocks are directly related to the issue with TWC. It is a problem with the latest update for this app, and I've never had the problem before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech