Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcshaggin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    I've been keeping tabs on the Straight Talk situation because I'm looking at switching over so I can use the AT&T network (which should have better coverage where I'm planning on using it, namely in and around the south end of Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and specifically the FGCU campus) and it seems Straight Talk has now ironed out everything they need to and are selling SIM and Micro SIM cards for AT&T again: .

    So my question is: has anyone on here gotten one of these new SIM cards and tried it, and if so what have your experiences been?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    mcshaggin's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    Wrong forum. I already put it in the "Other Carriers" forum the other day. I know many people including myself, in the Nexus forum, are interested in this information though.
    Most mods in forums are like the the hall monitors in school. They enjoy the power trip.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I've been keeping tabs on the Straight Talk situation because I'm looking at switching over so I can use the AT&T network (which should have better coverage where I'm planning on using it, namely in and around the south end of Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and specifically the FGCU campus) and it seems Straight Talk has now ironed out everything they need to and are selling SIM and Micro SIM cards for AT&T again: .

    So my question is: has anyone on here gotten one of these new SIM cards and tried it, and if so what have your experiences been?

    Thanks!
    I can only speak to the last set of AT&T compatible SIMs on Straight Talk. When the Blue carrier and the Green mvno got into their disagreement my data got slowed to a crawl despite modest use levels. Happened once and I decided it could have been a fluke, but it happened a second billing cycle as well. Basically everything would be fine for the first two weeks of the billing month, but the last two weeks my data was so slow it took 3 minutes to get a manual refresh on a Gmail inbox. I timed it - several times.

    There are no guarantees that everything will stay rosy this go around.

    I'll never mvno again.
    Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
    LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
    Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    I have been using the old ATT sim card from Straight talk on my N4 for several months now. My latest speed here in Western NC has been 7.1mb down and 1.1mb up. I'm on automatic payment and I find the problem with straight talk is they keep moving my end date back a couple of days every month. If you get on auto payment you get a discount of 2.50/month but they do charge tax which still brings it up to just over $46. I just sent them an email asking them to explain why they keep moving the end date back.
  5. #5  
    mcshaggin's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Sid View Post
    I have been using the old ATT sim card from Straight talk on my N4 for several months now. My latest speed here in Western NC has been 7.1mb down and 1.1mb up. I'm on automatic payment and I find the problem with straight talk is they keep moving my end date back a couple of days every month. If you get on auto payment you get a discount of 2.50/month but they do charge tax which still brings it up to just over $46. I just sent them an email asking them to explain why they keep moving the end date back.
    They don't move the end date, they just cover 30 days so it won't always fall on the same pay date each month.
    Most mods in forums are like the the hall monitors in school. They enjoy the power trip.
    dmowry7300 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    Quote Originally Posted by mcshaggin View Post
    They don't move the end date, they just cover 30 days so it won't always fall on the same pay date each month.
    In one place on their website they say you get 30 days of service for $45. In their FAQ they say you get a month of service for $45. There are more months with 31 days than with 30. The way they figure it, you are losing 5 days a year.
  7. #7  
    mcshaggin's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: Straight Talk and AT&T: Back together again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Sid View Post
    In one place on their website they say you get 30 days of service for $45. In their FAQ they say you get a month of service for $45. There are more months with 31 days than with 30. The way they figure it, you are losing 5 days a year.
    They can have 5 days, I enjoy not paying the added fees and such every month like with the big carriers.
    Most mods in forums are like the the hall monitors in school. They enjoy the power trip.

Similar Threads

  1. Football talk ( NFL/COLLEGE)
    By jaredw444 in forum Sports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:55 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2013, 05:40 PM
  3. Rooted! Now "Talkback" and "Chrome" are trying to self-update, and failing
    By TigerDave99 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  4. 2nd update from AT&T. Could this be the one!!!!
    By SUADE8880 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
  5. AC App and Chromecast
    By S-Doo-1965 in forum Android Central Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B