remove background data restricted notification?

SpikeYoAzz

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
hello everybody,

I was wondering if there was anyway to remove the background data restricted notification? Its kinda off putting having it always be there. I keep my data restricted because I won't be able to get a data plan for a while but I need my data on because of group texting and picture texts. Also is there any way to receive group texts and picture texts without using data? I used to have an old blackberry bold 9000 and I was able to receive both without a data plan with no extra fees on my bill

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
You can restrict background data individually for apps and services which you don't need. It will drastically reduce data flow, but still some system processes will use a little data.

rpol

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

Hold the notification bar ...You will be provided with options "Ignore these kind of messages like"...Click on that.

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to do that?

Just hold down on the notification and it gave you the prompt? Cuz when I hold down on the notification, it "changes" to the app icon, guess it's showing me which app is the notification from.

Dunno where else to hold/click.

WelcomeToChrisTown

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Had this same problem, the trick is (in Lollipop) to hold down the notification and there is a little bell icon that if you click it will hide the notifications.

Yaaay!

Jammins

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
the trick is (in Lollipop) to hold down the notification and there is a little bell icon that if you click it will hide the notifications.
That does not work with the Galaxy S5.. This is not what the op has but I too want to remove that annoying notification that I have restricted background data (which without rooting phone you have to keep certain bloat ware like peel smart remote and others that use up data)
When I hold notification bar it I get Android System and I click that It shows "set as priority" in notification panel and that I have switched OFF which is called "do not disturb mode".. so I have that off yet I still get the restricted background data notification.
I do not think there is a way to turn it off on the s5 with Android 5.1.1 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress