Nexux 4 stolen... Can I avoid the thief to get into my accounts by changing passwords?

Fede1

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
Last night I was in a bar with my girlfriend and I left my jacket in a seat for about 15 minutes. Unfortunately my Nexux 4 was in one of its pockets. In that time someone opened the zipped pocket, took my 10 days old Nexux 4 and threw the protection case on the floor.:mad:
After telling the security guards about it and calling several times to my mobile (with no answer), I decided to go home and change all of my accounts passwords and
and I tried some applications (androidlost, Google device tracker), without any success (my GPS was off).
This morning I tried to call it again, but the mobile was "off" (probably without the SIM card already).
I was wondering if changing my passwords will keep my accounts safe from the thief.
I had my Google, work email, Skype and Facebook accounts synchronised and my bank application installed (the worst part).
The mobile was locked with a pin. But I reckon that this won't keep away the thief of getting into it.
Can some one give me tips or more info about this? Please!
I haven't changed the Google password, just to keep trying to see if I can locate it (once someone insert a SIM). Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Fede

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You have Android Device Manager enabled? If so you could locate or wipe device. That is a new offering and perhaps don't have it. Good luck and hopefully someone else may have a suggestion.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fede1

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it wasn?t enabled. I have had it for just 10 days and I was getting familiar with my new phone.
To avoid the thief getting into my accounts, would it be enough changing passwords?

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would think changing bank and other Pw would work. Do ASAP. You have double verification enabled on your Google account? That's another protection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
You could try deploying PlanB from the Play store, but any competent thief will have pulled the SIM and reset the phone.
Far better to unlink it and block it through your carrier - give them a brick.

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I've found one app that still allows full access even after changing the password. It's the Flickr app. It seems the app never bothers to check your credentials after you log in for the first time.

Fede1

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I changed all my passwords, restrict the access to my accounts from the Mobile and call my carrier to lock the phone with the IMEI.

Fede1

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Call your carrier and report it stolen. They will then lock the phone thus making it useless.
My carrier blocked the phone. But the phone was unlocked, so it could accept a SIM card of any other carrier.
If the phone was blocked by my carrier, will it be blocked with all the others?

Fede1

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Go into your Google account and unlink the device.

Posted via Android Central App

I went into my Google account and restricted the access through Android device. Is that what you mean? I cannot find any "unlink" option in my registered device (Nexus 4).

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If he hadn't already activated the app _before_ the device was stolen? Really?
Maybe. I was able to see the location of my Nexus 4 in Device Manager without activating anything. Google pushed it without any request on my end. I don't think the phone can be wiped without changing the settings from the device, but the locator worked fine for my Nexus 4. (My Nexus 7? Not so much.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol