iphone 5 Vs samsung galaxy s4

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Which phone do you think is better phone to buy and why?

First of all your asking this question on an android forum so you will probably be lead to an android device. Second of all what are you planning to do on the device so I can recommend one of them for you and also they are both flagship phones but the iPhone 5 is near the end of its flagship life cycle as the rumored 5s is supposedly being announced around September 10th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

tibididoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like a phone that is good for games so it needs a lot of memory. I dont want it to cost too much because i want a pay as you go phone and finally i am going to keep it so i want it to be still seen as a good phone in 2 years time. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using AC Forums mobile app

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I would like a phone that is good for games so it needs a lot of memory. I dont want it to cost too much because i want a pay as you go phone and finally i am going to keep it so i want it to be still seen as a good phone in 2 years time. Thank you for your help.

OK. What carrier will you be purchasing this on and are you only going to get the iPhone or gs4? Like if I find something else better would you take it?

tibididoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes although im not quite sure what carrier means but i want a cheap good gaming phone which is perceived as a 'cool' phone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think this question depends on what kind of user you are and what you anticipate you'll be doing with the palmtop. Games? Either. So, I'd have to recommend the S4.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes although im not quite sure what carrier means but i want a cheap good gaming phone which is perceived as a 'cool' phone.

A carrier is what company your phone has for service. The iPhone 5 is $649 off contract and the gs4 is $749. Those are high prices. If you are in the us I recommend you look up virginmobileusa.com as they have a great selection of phones for prepaid and their lowest smartphone plan is $35 for 300 minutes of talk time, unlimited texting and unlimited data, but after the first 2.5gbs on 3G your speed is lowered until next month. Also if you have 4g in your area which you could see by going to their coverage maps you get 10gbs of data while on 4g instead of 2.5gbs on 3g

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

AT&T, Verizon, Sprint? What carrier?

Have you looked at any comparison videos of the two phones?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you like a phone that is basically a 5 year old design, has a small screen, is totally controlled by the manufacturer so you can't change anything on it, and is the AOL of smartphones, then the iPhone 5 is a great choice.

tibididoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
AT&T, Verizon, Sprint? What carrier?

Have you looked at any comparison videos of the two phones?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

Yea i have looked at comparisin videos and the majority basically say that they are both very good phones.

Cplusplus

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Why do you ask this in the Nexus 4 section?

My advice: buy neither but buy a Nexus 4. The iPhone is using a closed platform where Apple is the big boss, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is full of bloatware and it uses a touchwiz interface.
If you really want an iPhone or S4 I suggest you buy a S4 and flash a custom ROM based on AOSP.

UPDATE:
Or better, I forgot that there was a Google Play edition of the Galaxy S4, what is not available in my country :( .

I think that stock Android gives the best smooth performance/reliablity and the best user experience.

tibididoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry i didnt realise this was the nexus section. How do i post a thread? Im new to this so im not sure what section to put them in. Thank you for your time.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Why do you ask this in the Nexus 4 section?

My advice: buy neither but buy a Nexus 4. The iPhone is using a closed platform where Apple is the big boss, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is full of bloatware and it uses a touchwiz interface.
If you really want an iPhone or S4 I suggest you buy a S4 and flash a custom ROM based on AOSP.

UPDATE:
Or better, I forgot that there was a Google Play edition of the Galaxy S4, what is not available in my country :( .

I think that stock Android gives the best smooth performance/reliablity and the best user experience.

Judging from the question and perceived smart phone knowledge I don't think flashing a custom ROM is the way to go. And bloatware/touchwiz probably isn't something you would even notice.

That said, if you're looking for something "cool" that will be relevant in two years, and you're not looking to spend too much money, I'd also suggest looking at the Nexus 4.

I don't like the iPhone for gaming because of the smaller display, otherwise it's not a bad device for somebody that's not interested in customizing it.

I have the S4 and Nexus 4, and I prefer the Nexus 4. Unfortunately Verizon gets such better coverage in my area and I use it for work so I'm forced to use them as my carrier.

There is a new Nexus expected to be out this fall that you might want to wait for if your not in a huge rush.

And the reason I recommend looking into a Nexus is because they receive timely updates so it will still be relevant in two years. Also, it's a Google owned phone and they price it lower than most companies in hopes that they make their money through the Google owned Play Store, which is where you but apps, games, etc on Android (compared to the App Store in the iPhone).

S4 via Android Central App

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
If you want a phone with so many extraordinary capabilities such as Air Gesture, smart pause, etc. And that has the better camera, screen, resolution, Pixels, Processor and with most open platform and the power of Google then S4 is the best choice until now. Can't say what would happen after rumored iPhone 5s would release. But I'm sur even that won't match GS4.

Sent from my GSIII

zabihjan

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Judging from the question and perceived smart phone knowledge I don't think flashing a custom ROM is the way to go. And bloatware/touchwiz probably isn't something you would even notice.

That said, if you're looking for something "cool" that will be relevant in two years, and you're not looking to spend too much money, I'd also suggest looking at the Nexus 4.

I don't like the iPhone for gaming because of the smaller display, otherwise it's not a bad device for somebody that's not interested in customizing it.

I have the S4 and Nexus 4, and I prefer the Nexus 4. Unfortunately Verizon gets such better coverage in my area and I use it for work so I'm forced to use them as my carrier.

There is a new Nexus expected to be out this fall that you might want to wait for if your not in a huge rush.

And the reason I recommend looking into a Nexus is because they receive timely updates so it will still be relevant in two years. Also, it's a Google owned phone and they price it lower than most companies in hopes that they make their money through the Google owned Play Store, which is where you but apps, games, etc on Android (compared to the App Store in the iPhone).

S4 via Android Central App

Stock android is like second class iOS it is featureless and truly ugly. Touchwiz is beautiful smooth and full of features. Last two updates on nexus devices are a joke for end user. I Dont understand why people still prefer stock android it would be better to buy an iPhone instead.

I am using nexus 4 and I wish I never bought it. So I use MIUI for features beauty elegance and reliability
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Stock android is like second class iOS it is featureless and truly ugly. Touchwiz is beautiful smooth and full of features. Last two updates on nexus devices are a joke for end user. I Dont understand why people still prefer stock android it would be better to buy an iPhone instead.

I am using nexus 4 and I wish I never bought it. So I use MIUI for features beauty elegance and reliability

Touchwiz is garbage.