Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I Get This Phone Or Wait?

So, I was wanting to get this phone in April when my contract was up but for one reason or another just haven't gotten around to it. Now my current phone (Motorola Atrix 1) is taking a dive and my patience is wearing thing. I love the idea of vanilla Android as I've also got the first Nexus 7. I think it would be great to keep the two as similar as possible and I'm just not a fan of the additional "features" carriers/manufacturers add to their devices. Anyway, my question is should I get this phone now or wait for the next Nexus phone to come out? Any rumors of one around the corner? Or should I got with another phone altogether and scrap the vanilla Android idea? Honestly, I don't want a phone with a huge screen. I like the 4" screens and those close to it.

Ideas/Advice?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Should I Get This Pone Or Wait?

The Nexus 4 is a solid phone and I would just pick one up if you 1. Don't need/care about lte 2. Don't care about a bigger or higher res screen. Except for those short comings it don't see how a new nexus phone could do anything better. The current one has a fast enough cpu/gpu and enough memory. That said if you want to play it safe and can hold on to your Atrix a little longer it's not too far off.

Default Re: Should I Get This Phone Or Wait?

Also check out the other several threads on this topic. It may help you in this decision.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Honestly, i'd just wait for the next nexus. Most likely the same price with updated specs is a great deal. If you can't wait, the nexus 4 is still a beast and you could easily re-sell it to upgrade to the next nexus without paying much extra.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    So, I was wanting to get this phone in April when my contract was up but for one reason or another just haven't gotten around to it. Now my current phone (Motorola Atrix 1) is taking a dive and my patience is wearing thing. I love the idea of vanilla Android as I've also got the first Nexus 7. I think it would be great to keep the two as similar as possible and I'm just not a fan of the additional "features" carriers/manufacturers add to their devices. Anyway, my question is should I get this phone now or wait for the next Nexus phone to come out? Any rumors of one around the corner? Or should I got with another phone altogether and scrap the vanilla Android idea? Honestly, I don't want a phone with a huge screen. I like the 4" screens and those close to it.

Ideas/Advice?
    Thanks!
    Id wait for two reasons....
    1. see what the nexus 5 has to offer
    2. if the nexus 5 does not blow out the nexus 4. Then you can pick up the nexus 4 cheaper after the 5 comes out.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    Id wait for two reasons....
    1. see what the nexus 5 has to offer
    2. if the nexus 5 does not blow out the nexus 4. Then you can pick up the nexus 4 cheaper after the 5 comes out.
    I agree completely, but just to throw this out there,it does get LTE by keeping the .33 radio or below radio.
    cheers

If I were you I would wait. Battery life and camera quality are two places id really like to see improvements within the Nexus phone line up, and are both reason why I didn't get the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Note 2

rumors is that Moto is making the next N4 .
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Alright, looks like I'll be waiting a bit more for the 5 then. Gonna start checking out the rumormill to see what it may be.

If I were you I would just get an S4/One and flash the GE rom for it.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

I got my n4 after my n7 and I can from an Atrix. I have never been sorry. If you wait, you could wait forever. Jump in with both feet.

Posted via Android Central App
    Living in Puerto Vallarta with my wife and our 5 Kids, Atrix 4G, N4, N5, N7, N10 and a recently adopted MK908B.
    www.romamexico.com