Google Keyboard autocorrect not working in Tinder

yessir

Banned
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This is exceptionally confusing and quite annoying. All of a sudden autocorrect (double-space period, correction of misspelled words, auto-punctuation) stopped working, but ONLY in Tinder as far as I can tell. I'm wary of clearing cache/appdata on either app for fear of losing personal dictionaries or my Tinder chat history/match history.

Any advice? It's only happening with one app. The keyboard still shows word suggestions above it based on what I type but for some reason the autocorrect suggestion (for example you're instead of youre) is always to the LEFT and NOT the default one (whatever I type ends up being the default choice, as though autocorrect isn't on at all, even though in Google Settings it's set to Modest).

Help! :(

Karim Varela

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm the Director of Android at Tinder. First of all, thanks for using our app! Can you confirm if you're using the keyboard that came with the phone, or have you installed a 3rd party keyboard app?

Max A

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
hi, why does tinder find zero recommendations for me on my motorola driod razr? the app works perfectly on my friends iphone in the same area.... please help!!

Karim Varela

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Max, there could be a couple reasons:
  1. We think you're a robot. Make sure you're using a real Facebook account.
  2. Your matching preferences are too strict. Try making them less strict, then logging out and logging back in.

Max A

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks karim. hopefully tinder recognizes i'm not a robot soon?! can i pm you my email linked to tinder? my matching preferences are pretty broad...

Karim Varela

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Sure Max, we can take a look at your account. Make sure you have a bunch of friends, some likes, and a bunch of photos in your Facebook account to avoid being labeled as a bot.

Max A

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks a bunch. i actually just created the fb page because my friends were hyping up tinder (no bs)! i actually finally pulled the trigger on fb!

Alexandre Wazaefi

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i've got the same propblem : no match found on my razr i and i can't even change my matches, when i install the app and use it it says "connect on fb" and then it starts to search after i click the fb registration. how can i avoid that?

Geoff Lowry

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Tinder keyboard - return key

Hi

Hoping someone can help me. When chatting in tinder, I do not have a return key, so my messages are one long block of text. Where the return key should be, I have the smiley face symbol. I read elsewhere that if I held this down it would show the return key, but this is not so. Instead I am shown alternative smiley faces. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini if this is relevant.

Thank you