- 12 Posts
Moving from Tmobile to Airvoice soon
Our Tmobile coverage outside of Milwaukee has always been a little hit or miss and we can get a couple bars inside the house if we move around a little. But the coverage has gotten much worse in the last few weeks to the point where I can barely get a signal in the house. Also on a recent road trip along I94 we got pretty intermittent coverage. I called Tmo and tried to see if there was anything they could do but I guess it is what it is. I was also never able to get MMS messaging to work despite calling and messing with the APN. I have ordered an AirVoice SIM and plan on porting my number over later this week to give them a try.
For activating on AirVoice does doing the port online work just as well as via a phone call?
Does anyone have experience on the $10 or $35 plans? We might be able to get by on the $10 plan but I understand you get a message every time you use minutes/data? It sounds a bit annoying.
- 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM #2
- 59 Posts
Re: Moving from Tmobile to Airvoice soon
To be honest, I've never heard of AirVoice before, but i went and looked up the plans. For what they offer, I think it you might be getting more bang for you buck if you go with straight talk. They just started using AT&T again, which would help with your coverage issues with T-Mobile. I think its $45 a month and that gets you Unlimited Talk/Text/Data (which gets throttled at some unspecified point, but usually over 2 GB).
- 08-13-2013, 05:25 PM #3
- By 1812dave in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 10Last Post: 08-19-2013, 03:33 PM
- By o2bnclemson in forum T-MobileReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2013, 03:51 PM
- By obdeuce in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2013, 07:38 PM
- By ShadowAsylum in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM
- By bradyesmith in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:05 AM