maps draining my battery

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone say me what to do if maps are draining my battery? Its using 40% of the battery. I usually "force stop" the app. Any other ideas?
P.s. gps is off, but google locations is ALWAYS on. Maps are draining my battery only after using navigationsystem.

Posted from my Nexus 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Nav is staying awake and using battery even after you're done using it. I never use Nav, so I can't be sure.

One thing you could try is to turn off Location Reporting, which lets other people know where you are (used for the old Latitudes app, now incorporated into Google+). Location Reporting tends to increase the number of wake locks executed by the phone (in order to access the web and report your location), which can use up battery. Turning off Location Reporting won't affect the ability of apps to access your location. Go to Maps/Settings/Google location settings, tap Location Reporting, and turn it off, then see what happens.

You can also install an app like Wake Lock Detector to see what specifically is using up most battery power.

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, i would like to keep location reporting on. It does suck some juice, but not so much, and not maps.

Posted from my Nexus 4

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I turned gos off, then i restarted. Inly after this it went really off. I dint want to restart my phone always. :/ is there another way to fix it? Hmm i think this is a 4.3 bug.

Posted from my Nexus 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I turned gos off, then i restarted. Inly after this it went really off. I dint want to restart my phone always. :/ is there another way to fix it? Hmm i think this is a 4.3 bug.

Posted from my Nexus 4

I hope you are using the latest maps!!! Maps 7.0 saves a lot of battery.

if nothing help, clear data/cache for maps and set it up again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool