Need Nexus 4 compatible external memory for holiday

GabMus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone Android Central Forums!
I have a big problem I hope you could solve... In 6 days I'm going on a cruise and I will take a lot of photos with my Nexus 4 and I will probably need a way to backup my photos in an external drive to clean the internal memory. If the Nexus 4 supported USB OTG I would use some pendrives, but since it isn't supported I really don't know what to do... I can't use Google+/Google Drive either since I won't be able to access internet on the ship.
Moreover I want to avoid bringing my PC with me, it's just useless during a holiday.
I would need some sort of wifi or bluetooth hard drive... Any suggestions? Thank you!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What ship are you cruising on? All the major lines now offer shipboard cellular access; check your cruiseline's web site or WMS Ships In Service. Of course, this may not be practical due to excessive data charges.

So... most ships also offer Internet access via dedicated desktops and/or your own device over WiFi at reasonable fixed rate ($xx for the duration of the cruise). You should be able to use the WiFi connection to upload those pics to your Google Drive account.

GabMus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually my ship has WiFi, but it is just another big unnecesary waste of money... I hope I could find a better solution.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm... Good one!

For even less money - assuming the original poster already owns a suitable SD card or USB flash drive - consider this device instead: Kingston Wi-Drive Wireless Hard Drive - Kingston. It acts as a WiFi enabled interface between your phone or other WiFi device and an SD card or flash drive. I ike it so much, I may buy one myself. :)

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

cvgjava

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes works well via wifi and/or bluetooth. Amazon has oodles of different options. If you cant wait for shipping I am sure best buy or similar has options as well.

davidhm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Can either of the devices download image directly from a camera and serve as a storage device as it would serve the N4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

cvgjava

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Can either of the devices download image directly from a camera and serve as a storage device as it would serve the N4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

That indeed would be interesting...I believe you need to use a file explorer to transfer...but....both come with apps so not sure.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000