Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frenziedfemale
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with certain streamed video on 4.3 ??

On the CBS web site one can watch live feeds from the Big Brother house (this video is not the same as the video clips/shows they have available on their site).

The mobile version of the page worked fine a month or so ago (I don't load the page every day). At some point the video stopped loading/playing. This may have coincided with the 4.3 upgrade, but unfortunately I don't know exactly when the video stopped working for me. I click the play button and nothing happens.

I've tried both the stock and Dolphin browsers. Since the video feeds require a subscription I don't know of others who can test it for me.

Are there any known issues where stream video won't play on 4.3 when it did on 4.2 ???

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Problems with certain streamed video on 4.3 ??

Quote Originally Posted by xstinkyx View Post
    On the CBS web site one can watch live feeds from the Big Brother house (this video is not the same as the video clips/shows they have available on their site).

The mobile version of the page worked fine a month or so ago (I don't load the page every day). At some point the video stopped loading/playing. This may have coincided with the 4.3 upgrade, but unfortunately I don't know exactly when the video stopped working for me. I click the play button and nothing happens.

I've tried both the stock and Dolphin browsers. Since the video feeds require a subscription I don't know of others who can test it for me.

Are there any known issues where stream video won't play on 4.3 when it did on 4.2 ???

I've played quite a few videos and haven't had any problems. I Googled "video problems after 4.3 update" and haven't found anything about it. There are plenty of other problems people have had with the update, but no video issues (from what I've seen). I apologize I couldn't be of more help to you.
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."

I would try a different browser. It may be that a browser update messed with the video playing. Give Next browser (flash compatible) or Boat browser a try. Both are free so no harm if they don't work for you.
    Greg C likes this.

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Boat Browser is a great and simple browser!

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    I would try a different browser. It may be that a browser update messed with the video playing. Give Next browser (flash compatible) or Boat browser a try. Both are free so no harm if they don't work for you.
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    I tried Next browser and it didn't play the video either.
    I tried someone else's device that is still running 2.something and it wouldn't play via FIrefox.
    They play fine on an iOS device (the video isn't flash but html 5 I believe).

I guess I need to try to reach out to CBS but it's unlikely they'll provide any help. (They just state this on their site: "NOTE: Due to the wide variety of devices, operating systems and browser potentials on Android platforms, support across all possible variations is difficult to assure. Our goal is to make Live Feeds and Camera switching standard across these devices.")

Hello...I device is updated to 4.3( terrible decision) and when I try to stream video it always say internet stopped working.

I'm having the same problem & it most definitely occurred only after the 4.3 update to my Galaxy S3. I installed that update on 12/18. Ever since, a webcam I watch everyday no longer works & I get the "internet no longer working" or some such message & it shuts down. I googled this a few weeks ago & someone indicated it was flash related, so I installed the latest flash file. Still crashed. I've tried dolphin, uc, boat... I get video with some, but never any audio. Dolphin browser includes a setting for audio so I tried that last night & it immediately caused browser to crash. I brought it to Verizon store last week... Of course they said that the website hasn't caught up to the 4.3 standard (it's never vzw's problem, what was I thinking?) So now I'm stuck with a device that won't let me escape to Bermuda via webcam on these below freezing New England winter days... hoping someone fixes this soon!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk