1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead

i have had my nexus 4 for 3 months after the 4.3 update it worked fine for 5 days now facing battery draining from 50% it goes blank then i need to plug in the charger to switch on the phone again
    the phone goes from 0 to 100 % in real quick time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead-screenshot_2013-08-18-08-53-44.png  

Default Re: nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead

Yikes. Does it get really warm when the battery drops like that? Do you have a battery monitor app like installed, to see if you can narrow down what might be using up that battery?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

from past 5 days same issue once it reaches 50% the phones get switched off i need to plug in charger to switch it on
    i have restored my phone twice but no use
    the battery doesn;t get warm at all
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

today my battery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead-2.png  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

around 50% phone goes dead once i plug in the charger the charge shoots to 100%
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

one more pic which makes my battery funny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead-11.png  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

no the battery does not get warm i have installed gsam app i will send the snapshot

Where / How did you get 4.3?

Was there any check on the md5?

You could try to revert to 4.2.2... If it still persists then it would point to a faulty chip in the battery.
    Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
    LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
    Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Got the update from google
    Now as I am in India can't even claim for warranty as it was bought from usa google play store
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Got the update from google
    As I am in India can.t claim for RMA as it was bought from google play store usa

I guess It's because of a faulty battery. I've experienced the same until I replaced the battery by myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead-deadbatteryn4.jpg  

I had this with my nexus 4 about a month ago.... The battery had basically burst open inside the phone... I took it to car phone warehouse and they replaced the battery for free under warranty. Although I did have to pay 20 pounds to get them to di it that day rather than wait 2 weeks...

Posted via Android Central App

nexus 4 battery draining from 50% to dead-screenshot_2013-09-02-19-48-59.png

You're not the only one. This has suddenly started happening to me since the 4.3 update. I also have signal randomly drop out to nothing, then the screen locks and prompts me to enter Sim pass code. Once it has happened once it does it again more often, until eventually the moment I enter the code it locks again instantly so I literally cannot unlock it. When I try to restart the phone it turns on, says no battery and turns off... My phone is next to useless now and I get anywhere between 1-4 hours out of the damn thing.

Seems too coincidental that its started happening since the update.

When mine had this problem entering the screen lock password I found.after typing the pin if you hold the enter button for a second or two before releasing it the screen unlocked correctly. Its only a matter of time before the phone will stop working completely ( see the photo above)

Posted via Android Central App

Have the same issue since last update.

If I use camera app, it shuts down immediately... and for normal use after 4 hours it does that again. Most of the time language settings are lost, as well as WIfipassword.

So the phone is useless since Android 4.3. Gonna see what they can repair under warranty, since this is probably a battery issue...

Hi Catwooduk,

My phone just started behaving the same way you described:

"You're not the only one. This has suddenly started happening to me since the 4.3 update. I also have signal randomly drop out to nothing, then the screen locks and prompts me to enter Sim pass code. Once it has happened once it does it again more often, until eventually the moment I enter the code it locks again instantly so I literally cannot unlock it. When I try to restart the phone it turns on, says no battery and turns off... My phone is next to useless now and I get anywhere between 1-4 hours out of the damn thing."

Did you find a fix for the problem?

thanks in advance.