One thing that I would change about apple

Bloodwork

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why Android has about 80% of the Global market? I guess it isn't very good........;)

I wouldn't use that as evidence to say that Android is better. The hardware running Android is significantly less expensive than anything running iOS and will probably always have a mjority of the market share.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why Android has about 80% of the Global market? I guess it isn't very good........;)

Android has 80% of the share because there are hundreds of different android handsets, not because its better or 'good'. Any cheap manufacturer can shove android on to a throwaway handset, and that will add to its share.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You have no proof of that, you are just making that up...

No, we do have proof of it. It's relatively simple. Take the sales numbers of high end phones and subtract it from total android sales. The mid to low end dominates the high end by a more than 2 to 1 margin.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

How exactly do any of your links answer what he was asking? Oh that's right, they don't. You're just trolling.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok now guys, I enjoy both your posts quite often, but we all know calling others a troll is a no-no!

Mods don't seem to keen on that word being thrown around, that's all I'm getting at.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Links that had nothing to do with what he was asking for and were only posted to inflame the debate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That's correct.

He asked for links,I gave him links

so you are the one trolling.

The user (fernandezhjr) asked for links supporting this statement:

I wouldn't use that as evidence to say that Android is better. The hardware running Android is significantly less expensive than anything running iOS and will probably always have a mjority of the market share.

Links please.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What links do you need?

Costs breakdowns of building an iPhone vs any top Android phone, like the S4, HTC One, or even the N4. I have been seeing a lot of noteworthy news about Apple using third world countries and sweat shops to manufacturer their parts. It can't be that expensive to build an iPhone when you can manufacturer your parts that cheap. I haven't seen a breakdown in a while, but I remember it costing about the same to build an iPhone vs the top Android phones.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Costs breakdowns of building an iPhone vs any top Android phone, like the S4, HTC One, or even the N4. I have been seeing a lot of noteworthy news about Apple using third world countries and sweat shops to manufacturer their parts. It can't be that expensive to build an iPhone when you can manufacturer your parts that cheap. I haven't seen a breakdown in a while, but I remember it costing about the same to build an iPhone vs the top Android phones.

Hate to break it to you, but every phone is made in those same factories. Building phones in China using cheap labor is not a business practice exclusive to Apple.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hate to break it to you, but every phone is made in those same factories. Building phones in China using cheap labor is not a business practice exclusive to Apple.

So then you agree it should cost about the same to build them all? I don't care where they are built or where the parts are made. I was replying to the poster who was saying it cost more to build an iPhone, which is obviously a false statement.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to take any part in this anymore, I'm done. The captain CLEARLY knows Android is better :rolls eyes:

Posted via Android Central App