Optimal Configs, Settings and Apps for a New User

anonalchemist

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.
So today, I am a proud owner of a new LG Nexus 4 after a lot of research. Unfortunately, I've never owned an Android phone, nor am I familiar at all with the Nexus 4's more intricate settings or may have over looked little useful trinkets and such. So for a completely new user (to both Android and N4), what are your best tips, configs (stock apps to disable...etc) and settings? Any must know shortcuts or advice? (I realize that there's a sticky for useful apps, but if there are any "must-haves", that would be cool too).

Thanks in advance for your advice guys :)

Last edited:

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android. I see you have had a look at the apps sticky, so just have a look at the ones you find interesting. Also look at the top apps in the google play store. Generally the top apps are the apps which everyone uses but many of the apps are personal preference. Have a look at the nexus 4 guidebook from the play store which will give you a few extra tips about the nexus 4 and android.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you tell us what a typical 'phone day' would be for you we can offer better ideas. Will you be emailing? Gmail or other? Texting? Web browsing? How long would you be doing those things in a typical day. ( granted you will be using it more at first as it is new and shiny).

anonalchemist

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
If you tell us what a typical 'phone day' would be for you we can offer better ideas. Will you be emailing? Gmail or other? Texting? Web browsing? How long would you be doing those things in a typical day. ( granted you will be using it more at first as it is new and shiny).

Haha true, I've been fiddling around with it the whole day.
So something like the "power control" widget I found really useful since I don't have to push extra buttons to get to these core functions.

Typical day involves browsing and texting (granted, I do not have data on this phone, I rely on wifi). But thanks to all the responses so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084