Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andymacnexus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4gpe to a nexus 4, am I crazy?

I use an S4 Google edition but am so tempted to get nexus4 , now available in UK at an incredible 159. Am I crazy , should I just wait for nexus 5?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: S4gpe to a nexus 4, am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by andymacnexus View Post
    I use an S4 Google edition but am so tempted to get nexus4 , now available in UK at an incredible 159. Am I crazy , should I just wait for nexus 5?

No I don't think you are crazy. The N4 just feels like a Nexus. It is a great device and I have contemplated going back to it on several occasions.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    Thanked by:

IMO, you are crazy. If you already have the s4 GPE you have a much better, complete package. If you were looking to buy I would say the n4 b.c of the price difference, but that is irrelevant that this point. If you do get the n4 and are willing to sell your s4 GPE for a bargain let me know

What makes you want to switch? The GPE have already proven they get updates very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by andymacnexus View Post

you should wait for N4 2 or the new Nexus

Certified crazy. The N4 cannot touch the S4 GPe in ANY category that I could see when I owned both. Waiting on the next Nexus since 4.3 gimped the S4 GPe external SD card...I sure do miss it though...and will be going back to it if the new Nexus does not have a 32GB version.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just really like the pure nexus experience , don't need large storage and will get the nexus 5 when that comes out too, I'm guessing it will have LTE and an improved display resolution too? I'd been iOS from the start until a few weeks ago! Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    planoman likes this.

I am n4 fan but this sounds unreasonable to me

I'll swap my N4 with you.

Posted via Android Central App

Saw the S4 GPe starting to pop up on ebay so I snagged a mint one for considerably less than the $650...Sweet phone! I will root and fix the ext SD card issue myself. Still interested in the next Nexus. Something about pure android and no bloat that is so sweet !
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I had an N4 now an S4 GPE. Don't switch the S4 GPE is better in every way except maybe a less clear idea on future updates. The updates are a valid concern....but if you are otherwise happy with the phone it would make more sense to just see how the next update comes along since as of right now they are on 4.3 just like the Nexus 4.

The other thing is the next Nexus phone is coming very soon. The S4 GPE is a pretty good phone and should be more than enough to tide you over until the "Nexus 5" comes out.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Complete bonkers. The Nexus 4 offers nothing over the S4 GPE.