T-Mobile Data Speed Issues

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For the past few weeks, I have been having problems with data speeds on two phones, a Nexus 4 and an iPhone 4S. Both are using the $30 100 minute, 5GB plan. Both are barely into 1.1GB data with plenty of data to go for the month. Several times per week, I go to do something and the speeds are edge speed, about 0.42Mbps. Rebooting the phones always fixes it for sometimes a day or two or longer.

I also have my iPad Mini running the 3.5GB data plan and it gets a great LTE connection and it never has had this problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed this where I am, although I have noticed that my overall speeds have dropped a little from their highs at the beginning of the year. Could just be increased network congestion or a side effect of the LTE rollout.

Have you tried resetting your APN settings? Make a note of any changes you've made, then reset them back to default. Try the default before you make any changes yourself and see what happens.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This situation started happening to me 5 months ago. Went from 15-20 Mbps down to 0.1-0.3 Mbps. Multiple inquiries to customer service did nothing, unto I finally emailed the CEO of T-Mobile. I received a call from executive customer care who explained to me that the backhaul to my tower was leased from a company that pulled out. The quick fix was what resulted in the speed degradation and that ATT will lease upgraded equipment to this site starting in a few months.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm about ready to give up T-Mobile for a few months and go to AT&T until this stops happening.
One of the potential reasons is that T-Mo is reframing a lot of spectrum to LTE so that COULD be a reason.

have you considered flashing the LTE radios? I actually got better battery performance on LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles