HSPA+ Problem

Ben Paterson

May 19, 2013
Visit site
When I use mobile data it uses hspa instead of hspa+ it only turns on for a few seconds then turns back off again. Is there a way to keep it on?

Thanks for reading. :)

Sent from Tapatalk on a Brick

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking at the H in the to bar of your N4, those aren't Plus signs, they're arrows indicating data up and down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
E means you are on EDGE. The older generation of data service. Your signal is either weak or you're on a tower that doesn't have hspa

E also means slow. Deathly slow. Snail slow. So slow, even a relatively simple web page can take minutes to download.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a custom ROM which has a plus when hspa+ is being used

There is no reason to want H+ all the time. You only see it when data is active, which is when those little arrows that the other poster mentioned are active. When data usage is dormant, it falls back to H to save on battery usage. If you just want to visually see H+ all the time, there are mods that you can flash that will do that, while the switching is still active.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no reason to want H+ all the time. You only see it when data is active, which is when those little arrows that the other poster mentioned are active. When data usage is dormant, it falls back to H to save on battery usage. If you just want to visually see H+ all the time, there are mods that you can flash that will do that, while the switching is still active.

Is there a speed difference between H and H+ ?

I have never seen my Nexus 4 display H+, only H above the bars.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there a speed difference between H and H+ ?

I have never seen my Nexus 4 display H+, only H above the bars.

A stock nexus only displays H for both 3G and hspa on some networks. When data is in use and you are in a hspa area, it will use the hspa for data transfer and then when idle fall, back to 3G. Hence, it will always show an H, unless you fall back to Edge, E, or GPRS, G. Mods and custom roms manipulate these symbols to display differently, but the way the phone handles data remains the same.

Ben Paterson

May 19, 2013
Visit site
My internet turns to hspa while watching YouTube so it won't buffer and it takes a while to turn back to hspa+

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae