How's your naked N4 holding up?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fairly new N4 owner; 1st phone I've decided to go w/o screen protection, although I have a case.

Just wondering how those w/o either or both have been holding up over time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I use a bumper as my phone doesn't have the nubs on the back (although it's only 4 weeks old!)
I couldn't put in flat on the glass! Bumper raises it.
I don't know anyone who runs without a case whose Nexus doesn't look like it's been shot blasted, I think it's only gorilla glass on the front.

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Been using my white N4 naked since I got it 3 months ago. Screen is still in perfect condition, earlier this week I noticed my first scratch on the back. It's small, and very hard to see because of the white back, but it's there.

My dog bit it the first day I got it and ripped off the bumper that I had it in at the time. There are 2 small tooth marks on the white plastic trim, nothing happened to the glass.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Been using mine naked since December. The phone has a couple very very minor scratches on the front. Other than that my N4 is in great condition. I do have a case on my belt I use to carry it in.

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a black Nexus 4 completely naked. No cover or screen protection for me. And it's still in mint condition. No scratches anywhere!

Posted via a naked Nexus 4 running 4.3 (No cover for me!)

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Been using it naked since November and only have one small scratch on the back. I really have no idea how I picked it up, but the weak glass is highly exaggerated. What do people think will most likely happen if you drop a phone with a glass back?

jhazey

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I was going naked for the first 3 months and have a few small scratches on the front glass. Nothing too serious though. Now using the Poetic Bumper Case. I definitely liked it better in the buff tho...

John Beirne

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought a case and screen protector. I have a one year old daughter who likes to play with phones so I need all the protection I can get. My plan is to give her this one so she's not interested in my new nexus 4.
Anyone else have a toddler who might have some advice to baby proof a phone?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using AC Forums mobile app

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Great, I put a case on when its near my girlfriend and when i am in a heavily concreted place but most the time its off.
Wished i put a front screen protector on (I could never get it on right)

PP1982

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Running naked for months now and dropping it once a day only a minor scratch on the back otherwise in mint condition

Posted via Android Central App

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
This thread was oriented towards that segment of the N4 population which doesn't use a case on their phone. Clearly, based on the responses so far, it should be obvious that that segment of the population is a minority.

I love the feel of my N4 without a case, and sometimes at home I do take it out, but like almost everyone else here, I would never leave it out for a long time nor take it anywhere without a case.

Oh, and btw, I use the Ringke Fusion and love it.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been naked from the day I got it (save for one day I did put a case on and hated it). I've had it for nine months now with no scratches or other signs of damage. I kept the back film that it ships with on, and that has seen quite a bit of wear and tear, but then it was never really designed for durability. The front is flawless.

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have experimented with a cheap gel case and the official bumper, I seem to do this with every phone I get though. Buy a case and or screen protector then end up ditching them as I prefer to see my device how it was intended.

My nexus though has stood up fairly well, had it since Feb and 99% of its life has been spent 'naked', apart from a few light scratches to the back of the phone and a few on the bezel everything is fine. You really have to look to notice any of them.

I have to say though, the phone I had before this was an iPhone 4 and that felt a lot more sturdy, the N4 definitely has a delicate feel to it, I definitely treat it with a little more care than I did my iPhone.

Andy.

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I had mine in my breast pocket and when I needed to lace it fell down and some of the metal thing broke off. But it's a tiny scratch and have now some customisation I wanted.

Posted via Android Central App