- 1 Posts
Prompted to perform a system update to JellyBean 4.3, when already upgraded
I have a rooted Nexus 4 which was upgraded to the JellyBean 4.3, just prior to performing the root.
About a month after the system upgrade and rooting, I got a notification that I should upgrade my phone to JellyBean 4.3...
Why am I getting this notification and should I re-install the 4.3 system upgrade?
- 09-04-2013, 09:25 AM #2
- 09-04-2013, 01:07 PM #3
Re: Prompted to perform a system update to JellyBean 4.3, when already upgraded
Check your build number... If it ends in "V" you need the update to "Y" for security patches which includes allowing Google Play to examine sideloaded apps for possible malware and exploits. There are also some functionality upgrades as well, such as Dynamic Notifications.
Last edited by RumoredNow; 09-05-2013 at 12:09 PM.Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
- 09-04-2013, 11:34 PM #4
- By austriak in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 10Last Post: 09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
- By strateg in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-13-2013, 01:42 PM
- By philmair in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
- By Club Paradise in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM
- By wanted198 in forum HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2013, 07:27 AM