[Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

gpompanagouda

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
You saved my day! I was facing this issue every now now then.. Now I got the trick..
Red LED is kind of alert if the battery is low. So no need to worry about that.
I really liked your presentation skills.... Keep it up!!!

djpomeha2

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I think I have the same problem. My charger is kinda weird. It would charge and then it will have a fast white blink then turn off. It worked the 2nd time but turned off an now it's not turnin back on. Plz help.

PopJustSick

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
First, Thank you a milion times.

I registered so I could reply.

I have not read all 10 pages of comments, but once I read the first few posts, I was quite scared that I had lost all my souvenirs in that phone because after doing the procedures, the red led was solid red, and nothing would happen.

Was my phone bricked or dead?
Nope.

So I re-read the suggestions and I made sure to do 3 things that I was not doing :

1: I made sure to hold power+volume down for 15 seconds BEFORE putting the charger in.

2 : Instead of connecting the phone to an external power outlet (extension), I plugged it right in the wall.

3 : I found my original USB cable, that I plugged into a different wall charger adaptor.

I'm not sure which of these made a difference, but after applying those three, then the charger plugged in WHILE HOLDING down the buttons, it took a few seconds (5 or so) and the red light, blinking this time, changed into the Android screen!!

Thanks so much !!! It works again !!!

rtariq88

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much! It worked! Although my phone does this a lot. Have had it for about 2 years now. I was seriously considering getting a new phone... but I guess I can hold off for some more time while still having a phone that works!
Thanks again! :)

Jinks B

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Solved - Nexus 4 Won't Turn On or Charge

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! My Nexus 7 was low on power so I plugged it in to charge. When I got home I found there had between a power outage & my tablet wouldn't respond. I tried other chargers & outlets w/no luck & finally Googled the problem on my phone. I found this page. Wasn't sure it'd work since this was for Nexus phones, but tried it anyway. It's back up & charging normally. Thanks again! I was so afraid it was bricked (& out of warranty, of course).

Sazgirl

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have read on the forum that I can get my nexus 4 to work again....but I have tried a few times now, still in vain. My mobile will go back to the 'swirling colourful balls' mode after rebooting - I cannot do anything further up to this step, except to switch the mobile off again, before I try (again). This is now like the 8th or more times ....doing it and still same thing!
Can anyone please guide me from here or share some tips?! Thank You!!

Anna Maria Cundari

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you sooooo much.
I had this problem months ago when I was visiting my son in Chicago. The battery was completely empty and wouldn't charge. I was sure I had to buy a new phone, but my son found your post and solved my problem. Then today it happened again, with my phone fully charged this time. I live alone, and my phone is my connection with everybody. I felt so lost... I remembered what my son had told me and tried, but nothing happened. I was desperate. Then I went on the internet and read your post, removed the case and tried again. That did it!
Thanks, thanks, thanks, Anna Maria in Colorado

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC