Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: [Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

The same thing happened with me but in my case it is not working. Please me if anyone can. I am totally stuck.

Good Morning,
    I have a nexus4 buy at ebay. I bought it new in its original box and sealed.
    It has worked perfectly until yesterday. I was ussing for a while in the morning, then put it to charge about 2 hours, and when I went to touch it my surprise it was not run. I called from the home phone and communicated.

I've readed a million forums and nothing I reed works.
    I can not get into the bootloader, do not I get the charge icon ... nothing. The most I get is:
    -UNplugged the Charge
    -Press Power + volume up; volume down; volume up + down (I've tried all three combinations) for 15 seconds (sometimes more than 15)
    -plug the Charge and for 5 seconds the red LED lights. Then it red light is off and does nothing more.
    If I leave the tight combination approx 15 seconds it comes back on the led.

I have one hour left charging ... two ... all night ... but always is the same. And the charge icon not appear
    The phone battery lasted me a whole day. I had one bought google (that I stole), and the length was the same, so at least the battery was fine until yesterday.
    I have tried several chargers. Powered with AC and USB ... nothing works for me .. just the red light.
    Is possible to solution the issue?
    Thank you

Last edited by codeartist; 08-25-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Thank you so much! I was completely freaked out, and this helped me fix it in less than 2 minutes. You're a life saver!

Red face you saved me ! [Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

i'm so glad that now my nexus is on,i got scared,maybe it died and wouldn't turn on.and your article saved me ^_^ mine didn't show green android man either,just red light blinking and then it turned on

Default Re: Solved - Nexus 4 Won't Turn On or Charge

just pres the voulme and power putton togather

Thanks! This did the trick. I was about to investigate repair options

It worked, thanks.....

Hi, I need a little more help, ive tried all these methods people wrote and none of them worked for my nexus 4 the red light keeps blinking and when finally turns on after a few seconds when it gets to the google sign it turns off and the red light starts blinking agian....

My phone progresses (I can get to the boot loader menu) until the four colored balls at the start screen after the Google appears; when it is supposed to turn on my screen goes black and the red lights appear again. I have repeated this algorithm at least 40 times. Is my hardware corrupt?

Default Re: Solved - Nexus 4 Won't Turn On or Charge

This did not work for me. Not sure if I left the phone on or not but the bottom line the phone would not turn on. Had a solid red light when trying to charge the battery. Followed numerous threads trying all kinds of things to get the phone to work. Nothing! Saw a thread where someone took the phone apart and tried to charge the battery with wires. Decided to do this. Had the phone apart but could not figure out to exactly where to put the wires and did not want to ruin the phone. My husband has the same phone and got him to agree to let me take his phone apart. Took out his battery and put it in my phone. IT WORKED! Ordered a new battery this morning and just have to be patient. So, the bottom line is maybe the phone just needs a new battery. It is worth the $13.00 I spent on Ebay to confirm this. I was lucky to have another phone to test before spending the money, but $13 is way cheaper than a new phone. The hard part is waiting several days for the new battery.

Wow thank you guys so much i finally got it to turn on buy i did the 15 secs with power+vol down and THEN put in usb cable...it made some weird red led pattern but finally worked !!!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678