Nexus 4 cannot be recognized by my PC

auzair

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been sifting through the articles on web for over a couple of days now and I found out that a lot of people had a similar issue with their phones, but the solutions I found so far do not work for me. I have an LG Nexus 4 with Android v4.3 and I am trying to connect it to my PC which runs Windows 7 Ultimate x64. When I connect the phone to my PC via USB cable, it starts charging, but my PC does not recognize it as a device. No pop-ups, no drives in My Computer, nothing. I checked Device Manager and nothing there as well. Following the solutions provided all over the internet, I tried following things:

* Connecting it to a PC with different OS (Win XP, Win 7 x86, Win 7 x64 on another laptop)
* Enable/disable USB debugging mode
* Enable/disable MTP/PTP (both, first with USB debugging mode enabled and then disabled)
* A different cable

The only thing I have NOT tried yet is the factory reset option. Some threads on the internet imply that it does not solve the problem. I recently got it, so I don't want to do experiments with it. I want to know if it possible that the USB port on phone be faulty and it still charges? Because my phone is charging over USB.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out here.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is setup with a lock screen (pin, pattern, etc) then you must unlock the phone before the PC will recognize it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. disable USB debugging mode
2. enable MTP
3. when Connected to PC unlock the screen

if this didnt work check device manager to see if the phone is connected as ADB devices(when the phone is still connected to PC)

Mahendar Nalla

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I too had faced this issue and found the solution after wasting lot of time.
Settings -> Storage -> Options(top right side ... button) -> USB Computer connection -> Check the MTP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692