Anyone using a Blueant Q2 with nexus 4?

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've owned two Q2 that I used with my Atrix and they worked just fine. When I got my Nexus 4, I started having some problems with the headset announcing the wrong person, then it just announced phone numbers, then it stopped pairing, then it died. So I got a new one and it has the same problem with first announcing the wrong person. So I deleted that person from my contact list. (It always mis-announced the same person). Now, it only announces phone numbers. I've been around and around with BlueAnt support and they are no help. Their last two suggestions were: contact LG support and delete my entire contact list and then just add one person back. I don't understand what LG support has to do with anything and I think they will laugh at me. I'm nervous about deleting my entire contact list.

It does read texts to me correctly and it seems to transfer my phone book to the headset. It's just being difficult.

So, has anyone used a Q2 with an N4 successfully?

TIA
Z.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is it safe to assume you are using the Blueant app? Perhaps it was broken by the 4.3 update.

Either way, I see the user feedback on the app is pretty bad with lots of problems reported.

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The Blueant app is installed, but it doesn't do anything. The phone had 4.2 when I first got it and the headset didn't work right then, either. I'll try uninstalling the app and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Z.

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The Blueant app is installed, but it doesn't do anything. The phone had 4.2 when I first got it and the headset didn't work right then, either. I'll try uninstalling the app and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Z.

First, I deleted the data of the app and rebooted the phone - no joy.
Next, I deleted the app, rebooted the phone and reset the headset (again) and now it seems to be working.

Thanks.
Z.

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It worked for a day or two, then it just started announcing phone numbers again and now it doesn't announce anything.

ACK!!

Z.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
It worked for a day or two, then it just started announcing phone numbers again and now it doesn't announce anything.
Z.

I have given up getting the Q2 to announce callers names, apart from anything else their tech support told me they don't even support Google Contacts!!!!!!!

This is very annoying given thats why I bought it in the first place...

Bye,
Dennis

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Q2 last year when I still had an HTC EVO. Had so many problems with it (e.g., wouldn't hold a connection even when just 2 feet apart) that I returned it after a wek. Now using a Plantronics Voyage UC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63