Date suddenly displaying strange?

MarissaWms

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Over the past two days some funny stuff started happening with my Nexus 4. 1st, it suddenly switched itself into 24-hr time mode, which was easy enough to change back. But now, the date display on the clock, in the notification bar, and in my Google messaging and Google calendar apps are funky. Instead of saying "Saturday, September 7, 2013" I see "7, 9 7". I've tried to reboot my phone, force stop the clock app, change the date display format....all to no avail. Has anyone else seen this? It seems like there was some sort of update behind the scenes or something?

Can anyone help me fix this? It's really bugging me.

Thanks!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Automatic Date & Time (Network Provided)? If so, it could be a problem with your local cell tower configuration. Try disabling automatic and see if that makes a difference.

Where are you located?

MarissaWms

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
That's a great thought. I tried switching off the automatic setting to manual date/time setting, but there was no change in the date formatting for any of the apps.

I'm in Houston.

Peter Flynn2

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Glad its not just me. It did the same to me too - suddenly displaying that instead of the proper date and nothing in settings changed it back.

If you find out how to resolve it - let me know!

MarissaWms

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I called Google, and the woman I spoke with was stumped. Unfortunately, I ended up having to do a factory reset, and that resolved it. I also didn't reinstall The Weather Channel app----I'm not sure if it was related or not, but at around the same time, TWC app also updated and suddenly was displaying a different city and the temperature in Celcius. I haven't heard of any other solutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress